Thread: Google Gmail Users - Be Aware!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Google Gmail Users - Be Aware!

Those who use Google Gmail - be aware you may not be getting all your e-mails. It is strongly recommended to leave Gmail service due to the actions of Google in determining what Email source you may receive. Using Google Gmail, you may not be getting email sent from others.

This is a new issue that has affected me.

I do not send much email, and most is sent to family and close friends. Tonight, I was sending an email to my uncle who was recovering from surgery, was blocked by Google. Here is what I got back from Google:

Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

From Mail Delivery System

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

*********@gmail.com
    host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [142.251.4.27]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    550-5.7.1 [50.28.8.76 12] Our system has detected that this message is
    550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail,
    550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked. Please visit
    550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=U...edMessageError
    550 5.7.1 for more information. bc26-20020a05690c001a00b002eb3d3fd89csi12355967ywb.48 - gsmtp

Reporting-MTA: dns; www14.qth.com

Action: failed
    Final-Recipient: rfc822;********@gmail.com
    Remote-MTA: dns; gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-5.7.1 [50.28.8.76 12] Our system has detected that this message is
    550-5.7.1 likely unsolicited mail. To reduce the amount of spam sent to Gmail,
    550-5.7.1 this message has been blocked. Please visit
    550-5.7.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=U...edMessageError
    550 5.7.1 for more information. bc26-20020a05690c001a00b002eb3d3fd89csi12355967ywb.48 - gsmtp

My uncle called me earlier today, and tonight I sent him an email.
    Subject: It was good to hear from you.

Can you imagine Google considers this as unsolicited mail? Spam? That's why companies like Google cannot be trusted with anything. And you will not know what email from family, friends, etc. you may be missing.

If you have gmail as email site, you may want to reconsider.

Besides, Google is spying on all your emails, there is nothing private with email, especially Google products.

Also, you should use duckduckgo (https://duckduckgo.com/) for search engine, not Google.

Don't feed the Pig!

**** UPDATE ****

I opened a ticket with QTH.com concerning this issue, and they answered and fixed the problem 2 hours later. This is what they said about the Google gmail thing:
    ------------------------------------
    Google has rolled out strict enforcement of SPF records (sender policy framework). I just checked your two main domains and you did not have these records.

I have added these records for two domains - now Google will use these records to verify you and allow your mail through.

Depending on Google’s caching, it may work immediately or may take a few hours for the new records to work.
    ----------------------------------

I have been with QTH.com for over 10 years, and they always have been outstanding with services and support, and are highly recommended for website and Email hosting

Last edited by N1LAF; 04-24-2022 at 06:13 AM.