Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richard Simmons

Richard Simmons

Someone asked me a weird question about how I remember Richard Simmons. I went down my short list, because I really didn't watch him on TV, but he was on every commercial break, and talk shows like Carson. I was specifically asked about his outfits. Shorts, tank top, sneakers, gym socks, headband, wrist bands.

Check the search engines, you will not find photos, or videos of him wearing headbands, or wrist bands. If you look up Richard Simmons Halloween Costumes, you will find many folks wearing his missing gear. Apparently they remember him wearing the bands. I remember him wearing the bands.

Am I the only person here that mis-remembered?

I was shocked at my fake memory. I thought I only forgot names, places.and stuff, not my visual memory.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Hold on, there's a glitch in the matrix. Staff are aware. Watch for the repairman... should be there shortly. Answers to Mr. Smith
    agent smiths.jpg

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

No, you do not misremember.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    No, you do not misremember.
    I was 99% sure that he wore those bands. He wears bands only in the Halloween costumes. 🎃
    Learning my attention to detail, and memory recall apparently is horrible. Am I the only one with CRS disorder?

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

I remember him wearing the bands but I don't remember if it was an occasional thing or not.
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Quote Originally Posted by K4PIH View Post
    I remember him wearing the bands but I don't remember if it was an occasional thing or not.
    I wasted too many minutes looking at celebrity workout videos, and books, photos, etc. I only saw three people wearing headbands , no wrist bands. I am obviously conflating other memories (I hope).

Thankfully, "Theres nothing like a face of a kid eating a Hershey's bar" is still an accurate recall.

cul de n8tb

Check out some of his many appearances on Letterman.

...and I hope he was in on the joke, because otherwise, Dave comes across as more than a bit mean.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

My CRS has progressed to the terminal phase CRAFT. He wore the same clothes we wore in gym class, the usual workout togs. I remember him as the first prancing nancy boy on TV always happy as they are because they're making million$ dancin' anna prancin' and having a good time. Millions of women followed him, not a single man, we were working out to Jack Lalanne. Now that the LGBTABCXYZ Community is out we have Randu Rainbow and Pink Guy who looks like he copied Woody Allen's sperm cell costumes and dyed them pink.

Speaking of Woody, in Sleeper he played a robot, and I instantly recognized a key piece of their costumes, Argonne crystal microphone cartridges in their mouths. They were key elements we used for repairing and making CB mics in the 60s and early 70s before the band went to hell in a hand basket.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

I have another conflated set of memories; The Fruit Of The Loom logo does NOT contain a cornucopia horn shaped basket, it never did.

Attachment 17901

It's a trade mark, never had a basket except in my mind.

Attachment 17902

cul de n8tb

I think the golden leaves in the older logos gave that effect. OR ... like I said about 911 and the way the flag hangs,
    "someone's been messing with the timeline again."

https://mandelaeffect.fandom.com/wik...go_history.png