I have a Ten Tec ArgoV which I purchased through a very nice ham here on the Island. No issues there. Great deal and full disclosure. Great receive and that was my main interest for it.
My question is: Recently within the last few months it pulls about 7 amps when I turn it on. Kept blowing the inline fuse is how I found it. I put in a 10 amp fuse and watched the amp meter spike up to about 7 amps when I turn it on. After the initial micro second of this spike it immediately drops back down to normal draw.
So, what's causing it to do this? Is the diode across the incoming DC power on the verge of ceasing? Will it soon desist as a diode and abstain from its duties?
Is it something else? Hoping it's something simple. It still works but now in my mind I'm picking apart the performance, thinking and overthinking and causing me to think it doesn't perform as well on the receive as it used to. It's a strange power I have, making cars and equipment breakdown just by thinking there's something wrong with them but that's beside the point.