Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned From Mickey Dees!

Banned From Mickey Dees!

Well, I managed on Friday afternoon to get myself banned from the Airport McDonalds. Over a dime.

Had to grab a quick something, they didn't have a line (Chick Fil A did... their chicken sandwiches ARE better), so I went and ordered a Crispy Chicken Sandwich. (If only they were actually crispy! But I digress again). Total with sales tax came to $4.16. Highway robbery, I know...

So I hand the cashier a five, a quarter, and a penny. That's $5.26.

Cashier slaps a dollar bill on the counter for change. I say, "isn't that short a dime?" "No, it isn't, your change is a buck!"

Yup. Another high school graduate who can't do 3rd grade arithmetic. (The register? She was impatient, only put in that I gave her a five, so clearly I confused her)

We argued for a minute. I kept calm... she kept raising her voice and getting agitated. She INSISTED that the $.84 the register said I was owed, plus the $.26 I gave her, came out to $1.

Finally a manager came over to unlock the register and give me the dime. Does the schmuck say a word? Nothing. Just gives me the stink eye. Meanwhile, the cashier has escalated her temper tantrum... finally says to me "why did you give me 26 cents?!?!" I calmly replied "so that you wouldn't have to count out 84 cents in change, change your sign says you're short of. But don't worry, I won't make THAT mistake again." Her reply: "You better not!" Clearly, sarcasm is lost on her as well.

Cashier storms away, and as the manager hands me the dime, quietly mutters "don't come back."

Bottom line: I got banned from McDonalds, because I tried to save the store a little change, and the cashier can't add or subtract to save her life.

And the "crispy" sandwich was anything but... another victim of 20+ minutes under the heat lamp. Wonder why they weren't busy?

Oh well, could be worse. The entire staff for Breeze Airways got banned from the MexAmerican place, Steel Cactus... because the cashier picked a fight with one of the agents (who is one of Little Miss Field Day's BFF's) and told the agent to never come back. When the (then) GM for PIT Breeze talked with the manager for Steel Cactus, he was told that she didn't want to hear it, and by the way, the entire staff was welcome to stay away. Nice.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Don't feel bad, my inebriated boss managed to get myself, and another engineer banned from the best steak house in Saltio, Mx...it involved excessive alcohol consumption, not major public displays of aggression like thou😄😄

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

AITA? I see these in reddits all the time.
    There's some shit floating through the air that causes people to hear you say anything but, what you actually said. Often, they are just looking for an excuse. An excuse to what you ask? An excuse to validate their current state of mind, mood, etc.

Oh, I’m quite familiar with the AITA forums on Reddit. May just have to post this one.

Don’t know what her problem is/was. Don’t care. I just don’t like being ripped off, especially by the future Karen’s of the world.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

I hear you, Ron. She probably saw you, formed an instant opinion, then lost her shit when you pointed out her faux pas.

People suck.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    People suck.
    Maybe, but she wasn’t that good looking. A little makeup, a few pimples popped, a clean shirt... nah, can’t put lipstick on a [ trayfe farm animal ].

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Pig Ron, can't put lipstick on a Pig.. Well you can but it wont be easy

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Or accomplish the goal.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Full service automation in the fast-food industry will end these problems.

And the staff have only themselves to blame when it happens.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."