Thread: Watch Out For Angi

Watch Out For Angi

"It", "She" started out as a website that you had to pay to become a member of to get hooked-up with local Handymen, Plumbers and the such; "Angie's List dot Com" was what it was called.

Then, they dropped the consumer based money grab and, turned it around; if you want your business to be seen on Angi.com you have to pay them and, Angi wants a cut of what trade you have via their site.

On the page, they recommend that you read the TOS before continuing; READ THE TOS!

By clicking any link, you are making a commitment yourself to their cut-throat business scheme; they sent "Joe-the-Handyman" out who looked at what I needed done. He admitted that he could only be a middleman-contractor because the job was bigger than him.

Whatever Joe was going to hook-up, he didn't want it to go through Angi.com so he took my cell number and told me he would have an estimate in a week or so.

Back to Angi, the bitch is flooding my inbox and cellphone trying to see if Joe did the job under the table; you know something going on when the first thing they, "This is a recorded call" , really?

I unsubscribed from the 5+ Angi news letters and removed the app from my phone and when they call, I screen their calls and send them to voicemail hell.

Don't click on any links on that site.

Angi is no longer “Angie’s List.” It was bought by, and then merged into, Homeadvisor.

It is not what it once was. Caveat that Emptor.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Welcome to America! Where ____ and ____ has been legitimized for financial gain.
    I would go on but the thread is not in Politico.

I've always been a DIY guy with a little help from my friends, now retired and there are always friends. Who needs Angi when you have your own list?
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Shit they have a list for handymen? I always just fixed it myself.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.