Thread: Silly

Silly

I just saw a video of an Analog an S-Meter the; the nostalgia almost brought me to tears.

Last edited by koØm; 02-06-2022 at 07:50 PM.

I still have a few of those radios that have analog S-meters. The mono-banded variety. I'm going to set up a dedicated 11m spot in the new shack, that's how bad I have the nostalgia. I think I've had more fun pound for pound on 11 than any other hand except perhaps 15.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

First I cut my teeth on a metal 6SK7, glass tubes don't taste good, then I strung a wire in the trees I was climbing and became an SWL. Listening wasn't satisfying, I wanted to TALK into the ether. Ether, not air, I was a student of Tesla by way of the Rahway library, and ironically Nikola had a lab only 2 blocks from the library, and I took to high voltage like a fish to water. Soon 11M Chicken Band became a learning experience, studying radio theory, building and experimenting prepared me and several friends to take a step up to Amateur Radio, the rest is as they say... history.

From K2PG in West Creek, NJ I worked the world on 20 making friends everywhere, 15 is a good DX band when the sun has freckles. 10 is a dual band, DX and local 10M CBer groups, one guy being a longtime friend from the 11M daze. 6 was my favorite, it's not called the magic band for nothing, and I worked every propagation mode except EME, pure magic. Speaking of EME, you know that brute force is needed because a pock marked sphere doesn't make a good reflector. I may miss being radio active but I don't cry in my beer because I don't have beer to cry in. Digital modes moved me into another satisfying hobby, computing, and here I am for better or worse.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.