Thread: FML...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FML...

Try 4625KHz.

Abuzz with activity.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Thanks. I just started to get back into SWLing after a 20 year hiatus.
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

HF Underground.

There are a couple decent domestic SWBC stations left (WTWW - 5085 being one of them) and my favorite Spanish music station is Radio Habana Cuba but for the most part I stay out of the broadcast bands and look for pirates, utes, clandestines, freebanders...anything off the beaten path.
    Last edited by N8YX; 12-28-2021 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Grammar
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by kop View Post
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Finally a holiday update. This update is so long in coming because it's still playing out.
    Dec 22 I tested positive for COVID.
    She was the one with all the symptoms but I tested positive.
    Jan 3 We both tested negative after a 7 hour wait in a parking lot * , after a 2 and a half hour ordeal just getting off the freeway off ramp, after an hour on surface streets, just to have some one tickle the base of my brain stem with an instrument of torture .
    I finally got to spend some time with the girl and we're so sick we can't sleep.
    We're better but not great. The cough is hanging on.

So , yeah , FML...

*For the locals , it was the same gold lot we use for the Puyallup annual ham swap meet.
    Last edited by kop; 01-13-2022 at 06:53 AM.

Sounds eerily familiar...

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Sickeningly familiar, I had influenza twice, not that hachoo flu we get shots for every year, I mean the real deal. The first was in 1995 with Spanish Flu, yes that 1918 epidemic is still around here and there, and dispite being sick as the proverbial dog with every movement bring on waves of intense pain I still had to take care of business short of going to work for the week it took to be rid of it. For the following week I felt like I was run over by a train, but work I must. That Monday the plant manager asked the stupidest question of the millennium, "Why didn't you go to a doctor?" ... "If I could have gone to a doctor I could have come to work." That shut him up.

Last year I had another case of influenza, Covid-19 that made me feel just as bad only this time for a month and a half because those running this facility don't know the meaning of isolation. The other guy in my room and I passed it back and forth until they wheeled him out, a week later I was OK. This shit I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy if I had an enemy, the worst pain and suffering I have ever experienced.

Back in the heyday of international shortwave broadcasting and the infamous Russian Woodpecker, when I wasn't listening to the propaganda wars giving me chuckles I was tuning around for whatever was out there on a Hallicrafters SX-122. That was when it could hear a fly fart in Moscow, I could tell by the accent, today with the noise floor S9++ radio is pointless. Well, there's always the Internet and feed from London based Radio Caroline, once a 50KW pirate radio ship become a museum ship anchored on the River Blackwater, now land based 10KW legal AM, DAB, and several Internet screams... streams.

Hallicrafters SX-122.jpg MV Ross Revenge on River Blackwater at Bradwell Essex 1.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

One of my missed out opportunities is NOT recording 'OGL Todd rants.
    Slightly more disturbing than Brother Theodore. Too manic, no funny.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman