Thread: Chinatown

AI5GJ
    WROI607

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Mark Twain

Nice! Someone else that understands composition.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Thanks WZ7U. Always feel right inside when composition is good. In my younger days in college I majored in photography and we where mandated to use 4x5 view or field cameras (Analog). You had basically two chances to get the shot as 4x5 holder held film on each side of film holder and had to be preloaded in changing bag or darkroom. Shortly after tintypes ( just kidding about tin types not that old.😵*💫) Teacher did not want us to machine gun shots with 36 exp film. If he was alive today he would be shocked average shooter has unlimited images to shot given size of camera or phone storage media. Even a blind chicken finds a seed every now and then 😂😃
    Getting off the soap box now.
    Last edited by kg6inw; 12-09-2021 at 08:51 PM.
    AI5GJ
    WROI607

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by kg6inw View Post
    Thanks WZ7U. Always feel right inside when composition is good. In my younger days in college I majored in photography and we where mandated to use 4x5 view or field cameras (Analog). You had basically two chances to get the shot as 4x5 holder held film on each side of film holder and had to be preloaded in changing bag or darkroom. Shortly after tintypes ( just kidding about tin types not that old.*) Teacher did not want us to machine gun shots with 36 exp film. If he was alive today he would be shocked average shooter has unlimited images to shot given size of camera or phone storage media. Even a blind chicken finds a seed every now and then 
    I resemble those remarks... Been using the same memory card for a couple years now and still have not filled it up.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by kg6inw View Post
    Thanks WZ7U. Always feel right inside when composition is good. In my younger days in college I majored in photography and we where mandated to use 4x5 view or field cameras (Analog). You had basically two chances to get the shot as 4x5 holder held film on each side of film holder and had to be preloaded in changing bag or darkroom. Shortly after tintypes ( just kidding about tin types not that old.😵*💫) Teacher did not want us to machine gun shots with 36 exp film. If he was alive today he would be shocked average shooter has unlimited images to shot given size of camera or phone storage media. Even a blind chicken finds a seed every now and then 😂😃
    I'm in that camp, the one that needs a hundred exposures to (hopefully) get "the one". Mrs U can look at something, whip out a shot or two and perfection.

I've wondered this - if I get two Associates degrees, how do I determine a major? Or am I just a dummy going for first time college credits at nearly 60 yo?

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

I have no degrees. I just push on the soft spots on people's heads.

"Been using the same memory card for a couple years now and still have not filled it up."
    That sounds like your SD card is large capacity for video, and/or your camera isn't set for maximum resolution photos. For what it's worthless I use two cards, one 520MB for stills, and the other 32GB for video, then transfer to the computer for processing if necessary and storage. With nothing on the card I start over fresh. Unlike my previous computer where I had to use the USB cable, this one has a card reader module up front so I transfer data that way. These days I don't get out into this infected world, oh well.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut on occasion, there are plenty of nuts around here. Normally my camera is stored in its hard case with batteries removed, but this time I was photographing my new computer setup for geeky friends and this was a photo of opportunity, no thought given to professionalism.

we have goofy people around here.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

is that the Powell st tunnel. in the 3rd photo?
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane