Thread: ATU-100

ATU-100

Anyone ever play with the ATU-100 automatic antenna tuner? This is the "commercial" version of the N7DDC AAT.

There are a lot of sources for these on eBeast in various states, from full blown kits to semi-assembled to assembled. Most sources are either in Russia or China.

I'd picked up a semi-finished kit a few months back ($60, no tax, free shipping, from Russia), but hadn't done anything with it yet. It came with a completed board, the LCD display, and... nothing else. No cables to interconnect. No instructions. No nothing. I expected the cables, but not the rest. I still have plans for this unit.

In the meantime, I found an assembled unit for $68 (plus tax) with free shipping. Came yesterday. Seller was a US address, turns out he was a reseller as the assembled unit was built in China. That aside...

So far, I've been pleased. Unit came with a built-in battery, charged via a USB "C" cable (included). Operates simply but effectively. This one doesn't have a "bypass" switch or button... but if you turn it off, it automatically goes into bypass. Can't get much simpler than that.

My only annoyance? A very petty one. The power switch is mounted upside-down from what you'd normally expect. I think I can live with this! (But give it a few weeks, we'll see if I find anything else)

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten one of these, and in one state, and what they've thought of it.
    Last edited by W3WN; 09-15-2021 at 04:09 PM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I've played with the Icom AT-100 (and the -500). Not familiar with the one you're talking about. Pic?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

My typo. That should have been "ATU-100". I'll see if I can correct that above.

Here's a link to the actual item:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/17478529783...53.m2749.l2649

More listings of this sucker: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...er&_sacat=1500

Here's an image of the out-and-out kit:

And of the completed unit, outside of the case:
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 2K!!

Nice

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Looks nice and simple. Displays all the info needed, no extra BS to worry about breaking. Pretty good for the price. I guess from the nomenclature it's rated at 100W?
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Quote Originally Posted by K4PIH View Post
    Looks nice and simple. Displays all the info needed, no extra BS to worry about breaking. Pretty good for the price. I guess from the nomenclature it's rated at 100W?
    Yes, 100 Watts nominal, max rating 150 Watts.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!

I may just have to get one and chunk the old MFJ 949C.

Thanks for the post Ron.
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"