Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things You Did As A Kid

Things You Did As A Kid

I'll think of them as they come to me but one of things we did was ride our bicycles on dirt trails and jump ramps because it was the age of Evel Knievel.
    As time went on we also modded our bikes.

I would take junk bikes, grab a hacksaw and cut the front forks off, then stick them over the forks of my heavy, yellow Schwinn Scrambler and duct tape them. Then put the wheel back on and ride my dangerously unstable new chopper around the neighborhood like i did something special.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

LOL! I did that once! ONCE!

What was the name of that game where you would closeline your opponents?
    Red Rover?

I dont remember that one, but we played deathsack...it involved a deathwish, psychosis and a hackeysack. It was a combination of hackeysack, rugby, hockey, MMA and assholery. In an open parking lot or field, someone would kick the sack as high as possible, then everyone would run to it to be the first to kick it back up as high as possible. Lots of people got injured.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

That's when you were older, I'm guessing. Teen years?

Red Rover we were 5 and 6 years old.

There was another one, like Stoplight Greenlight except it was also kind of creepy like weeping angels.
    One kid would stand on one end of a field and the other kids would be down field about 50 feet or more, side by side, 5 to 10 kids wide.
    The one kid that stood alone would turn their back and the other kids would have to advance forward until, the one kid would turn back around. When the one kid turned back around, if they saw you moving you'd be out. So you'd have to advance forward without being seen when the one kid turned back around. The kid that advanced the furthest without being seen moving and tagged the one kid would win.

Built bicycle choppers. Built the first MTB-esque contraptions from steel-framed road bicycles. Built motorized go-karts, mini-bikes.

I fashioned my own bows and fletched my own arrows; made hunting and field points for them. Fished, hunted, hiked.

Built a LOT of electronic and electrical stuff. I was the go-to for the entire neighborhood for times when something needed fixed, modded or designed.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Building ramps at the bottom of large hills and jumping bicycles for distance. Cracked more than one frame doing that. We also plated kill the guy with the ball. A football was tossed up and everyone went after it. How ever got it tried to run and stay up as everyone else tired to tackle them. When they went down the ball got thrown up again and it was on again. Rope swing of a tree at the top of a hill to see how far you could swing out and land without breaking any bones. Riding bicycles across thin ice on frozen ponds to see who would go the furthest. I cant remember now but sometimes I wonder how I am still alive...lmao

Almost forgot the 102" whip with the CB on the bicycle powered by a Motorcycle battery that was recharged by a 12 volt wheel generator.
    Last edited by kb2crk; 09-10-2021 at 06:11 PM.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Launch model rockets with no guide rail to see which way they would go. Built one into a PVC tube like a bazooka!
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    Almost forgot the 102" whip with the CB on the bicycle powered by a Motorcycle battery that was recharged by a 12 volt wheel generator.
    Holy crap, I did that too! Johnson 123A silver face 23 channel. Boy, that was a long time ago...

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by K4PIH View Post
    Launch model rockets with no guide rail to see which way they would go. Built one into a PVC tube like a bazooka!
    Did some nutty things with model rockets including building one that looked like the Star Trek Enterprise straight from the kit. Last time I launched it, it went up then did 3 huge loops to the east at about 80 off the ground before it slammed into the ground. Just wasn't a good platform for a rocket by the 3rd flight.