Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enough

Enough

Effective this morning, I am no longer a registered Republican.

It mean giving up my right to vote in the primaries. in Pennsylvania, you MUST be either a registered Democrat or Republican to vote in the primary... says so right on the forms... but it's worth it.

I have not, for a LONG time, agreed with the direction that the National, State, or County committees have taken. To put it mildly. I only retained the party affiliation for voting purposes (some important things, like state Constitutional questions or amendments, are voted on in the primaries). But after the BS going on in Texas, and discovering that the Pa legislature (controlled by the Republican party at the moment) is planning on pushing the same sort of crap through.

Enough.

No more.

But hey, on the bright side, I won't be getting any more "personal" messages from the Orange Turd, requesting (insisting) on donations for his personal life style, er, election plans.
    Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people dont care, the other 10% are glad it happened. Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Make Donald Drumpf Again.
    Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed. Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Welcome aboard the nopub bus Ron.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Master Navigator
    Funny, I became a registered Republican a couple of years back for primary and state reasons.

I most certainty don't support the national party.
    "Lead not with the example of power but, lead with the power of example." Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. - 1/20/2021

Great minds exchange ideas, average minds discuss events; small minds talk about people.

Here in Floriduh, we just began open primaries. I have registered against my opinion twice to vote for, and against specific local primaries.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Still registered republican here in GA because too many of the local races are decided in the primaries with no Democrats running in them. When you have 5 republicans running for sheriff and 3 of them are complete Jackasses I consider it a responsibility to try and keep them out or in the current case get rid of them. No such luck but hell I have to try.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    Still registered republican here in GA because too many of the local races are decided in the primaries with no Democrats running in them. When you have 5 republicans running for sheriff and 3 of them are complete Jackasses I consider it a responsibility to try and keep them out or in the current case get rid of them. No such luck but hell I have to try.
    i hear you, and thats part of the reason I held out as long as I could.

But in PA, like in TX, FL, and st the national (RNC) level... the party is essentially Republican in name only. It has been turned into the Fascist Party. The Party leadership clearly gives only lip service to Democracy; they are only interested in power and control, and squelch or expel all dissent. Other points of view? A threat to be squashed.

I am Conservative, but I am not a Fascist or anything close to one. I still have a soul, and it is not for sale or lease.
    Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people dont care, the other 10% are glad it happened. Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    i hear you, and thats part of the reason I held out as long as I could.

But in PA, like in TX, FL, and st the national (RNC) level... the party is essentially Republican in name only. It has been turned into the Fascist Party. The Party leadership clearly gives only lip service to Democracy; they are only interested in power and control, and squelch or expel all dissent. Other points of view? A threat to be squashed.

I am Conservative, but I am not a Fascist or anything close to one. I still have a soul, and it is not for sale or lease.
    There is one good thing about Georgia. The day of the primary I will be asked which one would you like to vote in. We get to declare on the day of the primary. I have voted in different primaries depending on the year and there are always some non partisan thing to vote for during the Primary day. I could walk in and say neither and be allowed to vote on the non partisan items. Magistrate judges and GA superior court judges are non partisan races and decided on Primary day. Truth is I have always been an independent with conservative leanings. At this point in time both major parties are about control and I can't support that. All I can do is vote for the candidate I dislike the least. For president that has been third party for a long time now.

some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Effective this morning, I am no longer a registered Republican.
    Well, as long as you don't join the Pantsuit Nation.
    Most of the time we are punished if we go against the trend. Only at an inflection point are we rewarded. ~ George Soros

Quote Originally Posted by WTKX View Post
    Well, as long as you don't join the Pantsuit Nation.
    The what?

Youre not referring to the [ heavily redacted] from Arkansas, are you?

BAN THE DH!

The what?

Youre not referring to the [ heavily redacted] from Arkansas, are you?
    Why redact... that fucking cunt senator from NY.....