Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: some people sound strange

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Must be a localized phenomenon.
    If across an entire section of a band, receiver de-sense or spurious mixing with another nearby strong signal. Enough to drive the front end into non-linearity.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

wz7u, you might be hitting on something with "poor articulation'" 'cause i was thinking that alice might be pushing KW wattage on me and covering up all of that bandwidth between 1885 thru 1910 because of his poorly articulated carrier signal..... and overpowering wattage (especially from close by) would explain how i can receive him on all modes. ????

Goon Music?
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by kd5log View Post
    wz7u, you might be hitting on something with "poor articulation'" 'cause i was thinking that alice might be pushing KW wattage on me and covering up all of that bandwidth between 1885 thru 1910 because of his poorly articulated carrier signal..... and overpowering wattage (especially from close by) would explain how i can receive him on all modes. ????
    Is there a wire beam pointed your way?

Not sure what is really going on, but I'll blame Popeye anyway.

ok, ya'll........... what is a wire beam. is this like one of saddle stretchers they tried to get me with, when i worked at the racetrack in new orleans...... i know we are strange down here, but snipe hunting sounds a little fishy, ..... hunting with a bat and a bag?

hey, man where's the bartender? i need a ta-kill-ya

Oh boy, you're all dancing around the most obvious answer that came to me the moment I read the first post, Alice is not on the same frequency as the other stations. There are numerous ways this can happen, too many for here when you being tech minded know them. I had a rig with 3 sections, HF, 2M, and 70cM all with a common TX MO that was slightly off frequency from the RX and digital readout. The higher it went in frequency the farther off it went, I received stations OK but one 2M SSB op told me I was transmitting some KHz up the band, FM is forgiving, AM is forgiving, SSB is not.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

warren, i gotta' tell ya' man, for a grumpy ol' bastid, you just might have somethin. that would explain why only alice is affected, and no one else. alice ain't been around lately, but everyone else is coming through just fine.

Last edited by kd5log; 08-03-2021 at 02:35 AM.

What about SSB (or AM) with simultaneous FM due to an oscillator being modulated at the same time? Crap power supply OR poor old power supply unable to keep up with the current demand and losing it's stability?