Just when I thought UPS couldn't stoop any lower...

I had to send my Omni VII out for a small repair job 2 weeks ago (my eyes are not what they used to be, and I don't feel comfortable working on those circuit boards). Work was completed Monday, rig shipped back Tuesday.

Via UPS Ground.

What could go wrong?

Well, I kept an eye all day Wednesday and yesterday on the tracking number. Rig got shipped out, was received at their depot in Ottumwa IA... and nothing further, so I figured it was still in transit.

Yesterday afternoon, wife comes home about 3, It had been trash day, so she was putting the empty garbage cans & recycle bins back with the others... and there's a box sitting there. She thinks "oh, he must have forgotten to put that out with the trash".

Yeah.

So I come home at 5, kiss the wife, pet and walk the dog, watch the news, grab a bite, we start getting ready for an evening out, and she casually says "did you forget to put out a box with the trash this morning?"

"What box?" 30 seconds later, I'm walking out of the garage door, and there it sits.

No note from the UPS driver. No attempt to put it on the front porch by the door. No, tossed in with the trash. Nice.

UPS tracking? This morning it updates to report that box was delivered at 11:43 AM to the garage. (The trash cans are not in front of the garage doors).

Signature? Oh yeah, one was required. No one home? No problem! The driver signed for it.

*sigh*

We got home late from the CLO show, so I'll be unboxing the rig tonight. If you hear me on the air tonight or over the weekend, let me know how the rig sounds...