Thread: Brown Had Done It Again!

Brown Had Done It Again!

Just when I thought UPS couldn't stoop any lower...

I had to send my Omni VII out for a small repair job 2 weeks ago (my eyes are not what they used to be, and I don't feel comfortable working on those circuit boards). Work was completed Monday, rig shipped back Tuesday.

Via UPS Ground.

What could go wrong?

Well, I kept an eye all day Wednesday and yesterday on the tracking number. Rig got shipped out, was received at their depot in Ottumwa IA... and nothing further, so I figured it was still in transit.

Yesterday afternoon, wife comes home about 3, It had been trash day, so she was putting the empty garbage cans & recycle bins back with the others... and there's a box sitting there. She thinks "oh, he must have forgotten to put that out with the trash".

Yeah.

So I come home at 5, kiss the wife, pet and walk the dog, watch the news, grab a bite, we start getting ready for an evening out, and she casually says "did you forget to put out a box with the trash this morning?"

"What box?" 30 seconds later, I'm walking out of the garage door, and there it sits.

No note from the UPS driver. No attempt to put it on the front porch by the door. No, tossed in with the trash. Nice.

UPS tracking? This morning it updates to report that box was delivered at 11:43 AM to the garage. (The trash cans are not in front of the garage doors).

Signature? Oh yeah, one was required. No one home? No problem! The driver signed for it.

*sigh*

We got home late from the CLO show, so I'll be unboxing the rig tonight. If you hear me on the air tonight or over the weekend, let me know how the rig sounds...
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I have only had 2 issues with brown. The first where the driver was too lazy (not regular driver) to put in on my porch and stuck it in the mailbox. 30 seconds after getting the delivery I was on the phone asking WTF. The second was wher or hiddene a fill in driver forgot to drop a package off ( the routes here are huge in area) when in my area and when he figured it out marked it as undeliverable no such address. Needless to say the big brown truck delivers here every few days. On the phone again and customer service was not helpful until I told them you delivered something yesterday and here is the tracking number. The stuttered and stammered and said I would get a call from the local dispatch the following day. That call came full of apologies and said it would be delivered by our regular driver today. It was delivered in good shape.
    I have had more issue with Fed Ex who does not have a regular driver for my area. I have found items left out in the rain in the middle of the driveway or under the back bumper of Nessie 3 days after it was listed as delivered.
    The USPS is still sending stuff all over the place usually in the wrong direction and arriving a week late. Not good when it is blood pressure medication.
    Big brown may have its issues but in my area they are the most reliable. Scary isn't it?

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

There are very good reasons why we say UPS stands for Untied Particle Service, they lose things, and what smelly brown is all about is rather unprintable. FedUp and USPS are no better, they all play ping pong with shipments, USPS plays double with parcels and mail. The latest misadventure began with our business office mistake, instead of hand delivering on premises they mailed a check to me. That started USPS games, several days later I received it postmarked Trenton, our state capitol 33mi across NJ as the crow flies, only the driver knows the mileage of the route he/she/it took. Well maybe not, since the local postmaster has the IQ of a garden slug I can't give their drivers any more points. So here I sit wondering why the in town PO didn't bounce it back, and I would have received it in the next day's delivery.

Now if you're wondering how your parcels get lost in transit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTue_LbF70s
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

I preferred USPS for a long time until someone was sent in to break their legs.

A few weeks ago, UPS "lost" my new business cards.

When they didn't arrive on time or after a few days (and I checked first with the airport's Central Stores Warehouse, where all shipments go first), I called the printer/shipper, who contacted UPS. Who claimed that the address was invalid and didn't exist.

Think about that one a moment. The primary receiving dock for all items shipped to Pittsburgh International Airport... which UPS cargo planes fly in and out of every day... doesn't exist. Right.

By the way... the address shows up on both of my phone's GPS/map apps. Wasn't hard to find at all. If you only tried.

They showed up the next day.

What actually happened: The regular UPS driver was back from vacation. And he'd given an earful that morning to the UPS depot temps, who couldn't be bothered to load ANY UPS shipment to the airport. I wasn't the only one waiting on shipments.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

They posted on the internet "delivered at 11.45 am this morning", it was actually to an elderly lady 3 doors up the road. She has poor eyesight and wears a hearing aid (usually switched off). It would still be there now if not for her son's partner visiting. I had it two days later.

The house name is on the gate and the house wall (yes we're posh and don't have house numbers), another character stopped right outside the house and spent ten minutes looking for it on his sat-nav, drove off and returned twice before he discovered the place.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I preferred USPS for a long time until someone was sent in to break their legs.
    I get very good service from my local post office. If I can ship that way I will.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

USPS rates just went up last weekend. I had intended to buy postcard stamps before the hike but I got them after instead.

One of the wins of living where I do is that there's someone downstairs to sign for and hold packages... And I can pick them up very late (as late as midnight).
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Quoting myself in my 08-02 post one above our bartender's mob breaking their eggs... legs; "since the local postmaster has the IQ of a garden slug I can't give their drivers any more points." Here's what happened to a first class parcel from a Walmart partner that was SUPPOSED to be delivered to ME, tracking info hard to pin down details of revealed why I hadn't received it; "...picked up at post office." Since I'm unable to do so it wasn't me, nor did I authorize anyone to receive it in my stead. That leaves the questions WHO IS THE EFFIN' THIEF AND WHY STEAL A PACKAGE NOT KNOWING WHAT WAS IN IT? Now I'm tempted to start ordering glitter bombs mailed to me. https://glitterbomb.com/ or http://www.originalglitterbomb.com/ or https://pranksanonymous.com/ and The Beat Goes On,there are pages full of pranks. Remember that TV show starring Robert Loggia "To Catch A Thief"? Well, there's more than one way to skin a cat (burglar).

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.