Thread: "Snipe HunT"

"Snipe HunT"

cat_online.jpg

Do you have a online community app in your area?

Without naming the site, someone posted this picture of what appears to be a cat up a pole lounging on a support wire. There was a frantic plea for help to rescue the cat stuck on the telephone pole attached to the posting.

The first response was, "Call the Fire Department to come rescue the cat."

The second response was (mine), "Have you in your lifetime ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree or on a Telephone line?"

My I.D.I.O.T neighbors took the bait and flooded the SPCA, Fire and Police, Animal Rescues with phone calls about getting the cat down off the pole, everyone said , "No". Others claimed to be on site with ladders which only (suppose?) scared the animal and caused it to go higher up the pole.

Then a hero from local tree service said he was on his way to get the animal down but by the time he got there (and had a picture of his Tree Service truck taken) it was announced that the cat had climbed down on it's own, without any one seeing it, while the whole time they were generating hundreds of posts about this cat on the wire.

I called B.S. and told them that they were all being made fools of and the only thing to come out of this was the photo of the Tree Service truck; I said no pic, no video, no one actually claiming to put hands on the animal, the whole thing was just a HUGE trolling effort that had made fools of them all.

They accused me of , "Insulting all of their intelligence" to which I replied, "I glad that you had the intellect to feel as if you were being 'Insulted' but not enough to realized that you were being Trolled on the Internet"

It's somewhat of a hollow victory when you go back to the post and the Mods have deleted the "Insults" but left the logic.

That is a disturbing photo. Did firemen really rescue cats in trees? I've seen one on TV rescuing a kid that got himself caught trying to rescue a cat. I don't remember the details l remember the video of a ladder truck

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    That is a disturbing photo. Did firemen really rescue cats in trees? I've seen one on TV rescuing a kid that got himself caught trying to rescue a cat. I don't remember the details l remember the video of a ladder truck
    "Et tu Tim?"

cat_tonline.jpg

I googled the cat picture and it showed up 4 different times with different captions.
    Last edited by koØm; 07-16-2021 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    "Et tu Tim?"

I googled the cat picture and it showed up 4 different times with different captions.
    It's me, I think. Rescue workers probably give up asking ,"what happened here? '

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger