Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our path forward...

Quote Originally Posted by n6hcm View Post
    Looks like the https certificate is dead. Expired?
    Yep! Michael jumped right on it this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Back now for me
    We should be good until 10/04/2021.

We need to renew our domain names this month. That's another $100 if I do the usual 2 year renewal. Donations since I started this thread won't quite cover the server costs for this month, although I am very grateful for the help received.

Small donations really add up. I understand folks feel the economic pinch from the effects of the pandemic, but if 10 folks pitched in $10, the server is covered.

I'm on a fixed income (only my pension) now. SS is still more than a year out due to my age. Property taxes hammered me in June for over $1,000.

A little help would go a long way!

BTW - Paypal link at the top of the page isn't working again, but the donate button at the bottom of the page works. And, I do not have any issues with personal checks. My address listed in callbooks for the last 20+ years is good.

Thanks!

Just dropped a little lettuce in the domain fund.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Just dropped a little lettuce in the domain fund.

Yep! Domain renewals are done for a year! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Yep! Domain renewals are done for a year! Thanks!
    Wonderful!
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

After domain renewals, FYI:

So, we've paid through 8/16/2021. I'm hoping a dozen or so members who haven't previously helped will take the initiative. I would like the usual 10 or so folks who always answer the call for donations to allow others to take up the slack. It just isn't fair for the same dozen or so who always donate to continue. We have plenty of active members who can help. Small donations can cover our operating costs if enough of us contribute.

The Island isn't going to magically stay on the internet forever if we don't support it. Ask yourself what the value of the forums mean to you, and donate accordingly. This battle horse is getting old and tired, and cannot continue to shoulder so much of the burden for much longer.

BTW - machine specs are listed on that invoice. We have a pretty nice, and fast box for our forums.

Transactiereferentie: 20697351549021434
    20 dollars extra for the trouble ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Donation received, Cor! Thanks!

Come on guy's we can do better as letting one or 2 guy's foot the bills....
    This place is about being misfit hams and i think we can help out here, if i can with my pension we all can add something in the kitty.
    Ham spirit asked....
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Come on guy's we can do better as letting one or 2 guy's foot the bills....
    This place is about being misfit hams and i think we can help out here, if i can with my pension we all can add something in the kitty.
    Ham spirit asked....

We have received several donations in the past couple of days, enough to cover the server expenses for July and August! Thanks so much to everyone... this should take care of us long enough for me to recover from a couple of recent financial 'hits'.

Thanks, and 73!
    Luke

BTW - if anyone made a donation and hasn't received an acknowledgement/thank you email from me, please let me know by PM here! I do intend to reply to every donation as they are received.