My apologies in advance if my anger bleeds through here. I'm just a little aggravated, and tired of being "professional". Definitely ruined my appetite for lunch.

I've been working here as a contractor at Pittsburgh International Airport for over 2 years now, and have been the Site Manager for my firm for over 18 months now. One of the small perks I'm supposed to have are... business cards.

I didn't get any right away. I was supposed to (as were a few other new promotions) but it got overlooked when the Pandemic started. But, the oversight was finally caught, and the half dozen or so of us who got overlooked finally got our cards ordered.

Mine should have been here on Monday. When Corporate asked on Wednesday if I'd gotten them, they started following up... you know how it goes.

Well, I got a call from the manager of the printing company this morning. Seems that they'd shipped all the cards out via UPS.

UPS didn't deliver them because... they claim that they can't find the address or the location.

Of the F[redacted] Pittsburgh International Airport. Where their CARGO PLANES fly in and out of.

UPS is actually claiming that the building doesn't exist or isn't a real address. Now, any packages I get are routed through the Airports Central Stores Warehouse. THE Warehouse for the Airport. The building with the loading docks. The one with the BIG sign on it that says "WAREHOUSE" on it.

The "best" part is, if you put the actual address of the warehouse into any of the 'map' programs on a smartphone... and I've done this with BOTH of my iPhones (personal and work)... the location and directions pop right up.

So are they saying that the phone is smarter than a UPS delivery dispatcher? Or driver?

Unbelievable.