Thread: Murder, Most Fowl... or, Law & Order: Special Backyard Unit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Murder, Most Fowl... or, Law & Order: Special Backyard Unit

I think I'm currently housing a murderer. A cold-blooded murderer quite happy with her work. And I have the photo to prove it.

So, the back story...

As many of you may remember, at the end of 2020, we unfortunately had to send Lucy Furr to her final slumber; her back legs had gone, and we did not want her to suffer.

It didn't take very long for The Boss to really start missing having a puppy around the house, so she started looking online. We ended up adopting a rescue dog, a Great Pyrenees named Finnley. Beautiful pup, about 5 years old. We do not know the story behind her rescue, she clearly has not been treated well in the past. But she is shy, a little afraid of things, very gentle... or is she?...

This afternoon:

The Boss came home from work early today. Let Finnley out in the back yard to do her thing (mainly sleep below the forsythia in the back of the yard) as usual. But today, she seemed to be "on" to something... makes a bee line to something under the deck near the rose bush... and before you know it...
    Resized_20210608_151810.jpg

Yup. Groundhog. Dead groundhog. (Well, that explains what chewed up and destroyed my broccoli and califlower, and did a real number on the zucchini...

The boss got ahold of me while I was taking a break and sent me the picture. She's horrified. I think Finnley was just trying to protect us. And as i remember, Mickey the Mutt (who was part Pyrenees) also hated groundhogs, but that's going back about 20 years.

...at least, I hope the poor thing is dead. If it's only stunned, I will have a REAL mess on my hands when I get home.

Finnley? She hasn't budged since the picture was taken. She is VERY proud of herself.

It's always something.
    Last edited by W3WN; 06-08-2021 at 02:57 PM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati