Thread: Politics kaput over there.

Bitter Dark Overlord. Trampler of the Little People WX7P's Avatar
    Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA

Politics kaput over there.

I know the vast majority of you guys doen't give a shit, but I find it amusing that da zed decided to ban politics from their site.

It took a good 25 years for fredco to undestand the kind of damage that occurs if one lets their site get taken over by a bunch of doctrinaire political sociopaths with "right is might" as the only goal.

I'd like to think there was some kind of awakening. The reality is likely that with half of the membership non-Americans, those dimwits finally figured out the prized pig could get murdered by the steely knives of ideologues in the world court of public opinion. Some Americans seem to delight in making themselves look like uneducated hillbillies destined to be lead by lying dipshits like DJT.

I still occasionally post over there. It's kind of like the old days in life when certain things are not discussed. I find I get along with some people I used to think were idiots because of the politicking. We agree on ham radio issues and that's all that counts on that message board. Of course, some people are not redeemable, even some that I might agree with on some things; think "2" in "6".

There is something called "Next Door" which here in EWASH is nothing but a cesspool of Trumpism. I posted a few times, got called a Commie a bunch of times for supporting school levies, so I quit looking. There is some serious stupid in our country right now. I don't see the value added in jousting with morons. I'm involved in direct activism and political support rather than wasting time on message boards like the old Zed. It's far more satisfying helping people and advancing a positive agenda rather than being cooped up all day being angry.

On another note, I now have a 4 element M2 40 m beam (on a 65' tower) and a Force 12 5b (20-17-15-12-10) beam with is basically three Force 12 beams kluged together on a 33' boom. It has three coax inputs (20+(17-15)+(12-10) on a 60' tower which means a lot of coax, but it works great! I also have 30 meter beam on top of that. I even got permits for the construction.

I hope all of you are doing well. Look for me this weekend on the Seventh area QSOParty contest (7QP).

Peace out,
    Janet
    Last edited by WX7P; 04-29-2021 at 01:11 PM.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Hello Janet! You should pop in more often and let us know how you're doing.

As long as there are Trumpists in the world we will always fight the good fight on many levels.

W7UUU’s poor fingers must be bleeding. At the moment, if there is even a SUSPICION that a post might be “political “, it gets vaporized. No warning before, no scolding after... just gone.

Haven’t heard of anyone banished to the cornfield over this new policy... yet.

Let’s see how long this lasts... this time.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Make Donald Drumpf Again.
    “Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    < snip >
    As long as there are Trumpists in the world we will always fight the good fight on many levels.
    They might not always have orange lotion over their lips from kissing heinies... but sad to say, the small-minded ones have always, and sadly will always, be with us.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Oh, and Janet? Good to hear from you.

BAN THE DH!

It is!
    7QP & NEQP should keep the island occupied this weekend.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Let's see how long it lasts.

It never lasts.