Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 is here to stay

COVID-19 is here to stay

About a third (familiar number) of the citizens of this country are refusing the COVID-19 vaccination. This guarantees that herd immunity won't be reached, and the virus will continue to spread. It seems that we can expect to live with COVID-19 forever here in the STOOPID States of 'merikkka'.

"If we're going to get past this terrible pandemic, it's going to take most of us being immunized. Otherwise, the virus can just keep going on and on," Dr. Francis Collins, NIH Director said.
    The same selfish, stupid dolts that refuse to wear a mask are probably the stupid, cowardly melon heads that refuse vaccination. What, exactly, are you cowards afraid of? A sore arm? Needles?

Ol' "I shit my britches" Ted Nugent, who said COVID-19 is not a real pandemic, has acquired the virus. I wish him a slow, agonizingly painful recovery. Ted Nugent contracts Covid-19 (video)

US has the opportunity to overcome the Covid-19 pandemic but a major challenge lies ahead

Oh, in case Ol' "I shit my britches" Ted doesn't recover, well shucks. It wasn't a real pandemic anyway.

That cracked me up!
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Literally last night on the 10m net, "I just heard on the news that if you get the vaccine that you'll have to get another shot once a month."

This went on for an hour. Everyone was, "yep, yep, yep."

Not your 2nd shot in a month. Not a yearly booster etc. One shot a month every month. "I just heard on the news ..."
    I know what he heard. There was a piece on the local news about boosters every 6 months and boosters every year.
    This is why most of us are useful tools. We can learn a trade and posses scientific knowledge and even build a career around that yet if you simply attach politics to any topic under the Sun, nothing sensible, factual or honest matters. What's worse is that this particular flavor of politics is attached to evangelical religion(s) and further more even worse has hitched it's rope to bigotry.

I could go on but I have covered this so many times that I wonder if there's even a point in doing so anymore.

Got Moderna #1 yesterday and except for having the shits, so far so good. Lets see what tomorrow brings.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

4th of may i get the moderna Pfizer one, 5 weeks later the 2nd one.
    just wondering how many "say"they won't have the shot are really quietly taking it anyway?
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    Im not liberal/conservative, Im anti-idiotarian.
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Received my 2nd dose of Pfizer's vaccine Wednesday afternoon. Just like the 1st one, injection site was sore, and had mild flu-like symptoms for about 48 hours. It was worth it.

I got my first one on April Fools day. No foolin'.

Second one yesterday. I'm OK with yearly boosters.

My intentions are to continue, and I'm gonna get back to work.

Can I insist on a NO TRUMP workplace?

Maybe not, we'll see.
    Most of the time we are punished if we go against the trend. Only at an inflection point are we rewarded. ~ George Soros

Master Navigator
    As I type this, I am sitting here waiting for the required 15 minutes to make sure that you don't have any reaction to the injection; this was number two of two with three weeks in-between.

So, I am good to go until the next call is for boosters.

"Lead not with the example of power but, lead with the power of example." Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. - 1/20/2021

Great minds exchange ideas, average minds discuss events; small minds talk about people.

#2 is May 4th for me.

We need a program that will visit people who have mobility issues.