Steve, if you won't feel sorry about my problems I won't feel sorry about yours, negative emotions only make one feel worse. Like I said, we're fighters, nothing can keep a good ham down, cloves, a few spices, and honey glaze helps. Somehow I just knew you'd like the song, and you do, 4K You Tube to mp3 will download and save it for you. Heck, I've been keeping my guardian angel busy since I was a little tweaker, I came up with my boat anchor slogan "12 volts is for wimps, real radios can KILL you" for a reason, one nearly did. Actually it was my stupid design flaw and laziness that came together one fateful day changing tubes in a modulator that wasn't interlocked with the RF deck of my home brew pirate radio transmitter. After turning off the modulator, instead of removing some screws and sliding it forward out of the rack I reached around behind with the RF deck still feeding HV to the mod iron secondary, and my arm was jammed in solid. Thankfully a friend feeding in the kitchen ran in responding to my screams and hit the emergency disconnect button killing power to the room. Thankfully I remembered the ones in high school metal shop! The smell of burnt meat in the room was my arm, it hung limp for a couple of weeks until burned out nerves re-circuited. It didn't stop there, between pranks and installing antennas where monkeys won't go without safety equipment I should have died a thousand deaths! Darwin was wrong, it's not survival of the fittest, it's survival of the dumbest.

Charles, what you need is the best headset ever made, I had this pair of WW2 vintage cans I picked up NIB at a hamfester for $5 made of rubber with chamois cushions for comfort on long flights and 300 ohm Western Electric telephone transducers in series for 600 ohms, standard WW2 military line impedance. The beauty of today's audio output stages is transistors are current devices that hate lower than 3 ohm loads and short circuits, but they don't care about high impedance loads or no load at all. Just plugged into my Icom IC706Mk2G they shone like the sun pulling weak signals out of the noise without expensive DSP. After all, that's what they were designed for at 28,000ft in a B-29 with the radioman making sense of distant AM signals on crackling HF bands. There are all sorts of mil surplus phones kicking around, time to go shopping? If you pay more than $20 somebody's yanking your wing wang!

B29 headphones.jpg