Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's been awhile

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Well Steve, according to AJ YOU'RE a majority! You're in the club now, like Audie Murphy you've been to Hell and back, and you're living proof the song is spot on, it says you've got to go through Hell before you get to Heaven. I know where you're coming from, thanks to smoking I have heart problems so I have a pacemaker with a defibrillator, peripheral artery disease that put me in a wheelchair, was laid up with Covid 19 for 4 weeks, and am in a nursing home I probably will not leave alive. I have no family and fewer friends As Time Goes By, play it again Sam. (Dooley Wilson at the piano) Hey, if it makes you feel any better, remember there is always someone who has it worse than you, but what about the LAST guy? Nobody has it worse than that guy! (Credit to Arlo Guthrie.)

All that having been said, Welcome Back Cotter... Steve. BTW I knew that kid in the upper right corner when he lived in Metuchen, NJ.

Damn Warren. I'm sorry to hear of your suffering. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. You hear some kid talking about how they suffered and you think, "You aint seen nothing yet!" and then I think about those who are suffering more than I.
    I went back into the hospital (and got a ride in a HELICOPTER!!!!) on Monday. More heart problems, but I am proving to be hard to kill and today I spent 4 hours with my aid Katie running around town and shopping and wheeled my fat ass everywhere we went. I'm gaining my strength back, and had a ball.
    I really hope you have the opportunity to get out and about and I truly wish you lived closer...Katie and I would come visit....and you aint seen Katie yet...OMG! What a hottie!

"One man with courage makes a majority." ~ Andrew Jackson

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Prayers and good vibes, brother.
    Thank you for the vibes man!

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Prayers and good vibes, brother.
    OH HELL! I forgot we had a bartender!

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    ^ that, talk about bad luck in life, feeling suddenly healthy with just a stent in the ticker...
    Stay healthy, welcome back on the Island.
    I got my first stent in 2000......do what you can do to stay healthy. I don't want you to end up like me. Thank you for the kind words.

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Damn Steve, you've been through it. It's good to see you well enough to want to mess with typing and thanks for using that energy to get back across the bay to the best Island in the world. Stay safe my friend.
    Thank you for the kind words Eric. It's good to be back.

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Welcome Back, Steve. Your presence has been missed.

Am sorry to hear about your difficulties (to put it mildly), of course.
    Thank you for the kind words Ron. It's good to be back. I keep facing my difficulties and winning, so you'll hear no complaints from me. :) I am a happy fat boy!

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Welcome back, Steve. I, too, am sorry to hear of your struggles. We all must deal with what life throws at us, but it doesn't always seem fair. All we can do is keep fighting.

Keep fighting, man. Hope to see you around here more often.
    Thank you for the kind words Luke. It's good to be back. I'm going to try to get into the shack more often (that's where my computer lives). You guys ever think about a Ham Island, Misfits Net? Last Saturday, my brother, nephew and Randy KD9SHA came by and helped me get an antenna up. Everything I had came down over the last 2 years, so I built a Half Wave Endfed (EFHW) Antenna and they got it up for me, so I'm back on the air.........

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    I just remembered something, you don't have to be Irish to be a fighter. Here's a song for you Steve, and all the fighters out there!

I like it! Thanks!

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Years ago we tried something in the evening hours on 80m. I was barely able to pull out our friends out west, Dave and Carl.
    I was a chore straining to hear them. Had my ear up to the speaker.
    Spoke to our resident contester up in, Delaware? I don't want to get the location confused. Maryland?

Hi Steve. You and I used to hear each other pretty well. Hang in there.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman