"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help."
Then, the next most terrifying phrase is, "I'm from the cable company and I am here to fix your problems".

The first "Joe" that they sent out changed the connecter, put a splitter in the line because, "My signal levels were too high". He then goes outside and fiddlers with the distribution box; comes back and changes out the Cable Modem and then claimed that the problem was solved. I pay for 200 M-bits down and 11 M-bits down, I was only receiving 17 down and 4 up. He didn't fix the problem, claiming that I could only run one router / switch (Theirs) on the cable drop -- BULLSHIT!

I called back and explained my circumstance and, another TEK was dispatched -- one hour before "Billy" got there, my Modem had been re-provisioned so that all four ethernet ports on the Modem were active and up to speed but, the DHCP was handing out IP addys of 10.1.x.x and, 192.168.1.150's. My old installation was sit up in such a manner that my outboard routers were operating as Wi-Fi / Network extenders, not separate network segments. The speeds dropped back down to unacceptable levels.

After another phone call to Spectrum sends out "Larry-the-cable-Guy" who does nothing but jerk me around until I Cum like Mt. Vesuvius blowing lava and hot boulders; the final straw was when he told me that there was nothing else that could be done and this was the best service that I could expect.

Pissed, I made another call and was transferred to "level-3 support" who ran diagnostics from their end and they told me that the problems that I was experiencing could have not been fixed by the TEKs who screwed up my installation instead of just escalating the problem to "Level Three." They are dispatching outside linemen to address the local "Campus" issues. I am reconfiguring my devices.

In the past, I have been a "Power-user / Network-keeper" for a couple of small installations; I may not know everything but I do know that if you give me a signal I can work with and responsive equipment, I can solve 99.9% of the internal problems. I also know when, you are insulting my intelligence or, demonstration your lack thereof.

tl:dr Spectrum TEKs are nothing more than "Like-4-Like" part swappers with very little in depth training past how to turn a 7/16 box wrench.