Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Cut the chains, be your own cable guy.

Attachment 17508
    To be continued; watch this space (19:13 zulu, 3/15/2021)

eta:

motor-fixers @ Spectrum / Comcast

After 4 different "Feel En-gin-eers" and my insistence that they change out the router device, I think that my installation is back to normal.

I'm already my own "Cable Guy" -- I just had to go through all the steps before I went out and purchased my own Cable Gateway and new router; that option is still not off the table yet; time will tell.

The Sons-of-
    Biscuit eating Field En-gin-eers and Helpdesk cretins ran me around for over a month with "Do-this / Do that" and , "You cannot have more than one Wi-Fi network running off one Cable Gateway; Bullshit! The other devices were operating in "Bridge mode" and had been since initial installation years ago.

For the sake of troubleshooting, I disconnected any and all devices running DHCP giving out IP addresses or creating a Wi-Fi networks for 3 days which, took all the air out of their suggestion / causal balloons.

I don't have the biggest "I-T Pecker" in the crowd but, I know how to use what Cisco gave me.

Last edited by koØm; 03-31-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    Having been a "Field Service Representative" for a Fortune-500 Company (Before mandatory drug screenings) I know that for me, walking into a tense situations "Cool", made it easier to accept the misdirected abuse and blame because someone on-site missed their deadline and wanted to blame it on the "Copier-duplicator-mainframe-network-serviceperson-connection."

I was cordial to all of the service personnel; doesn't pay to piss them off while they are still on site.

Understood. My amazement is till focused on how sharply focused corporate culture is on still testing for cannabis and coming out with testing for legal variants. Testing labs which advertise expanded testing for CBD and delta 8.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Understood. My amazement is till focused on how sharply focused corporate culture is on still testing for cannabis and coming out with testing for legal variants. Testing labs which advertise expanded testing for CBD and delta 8.
    CBD and Delta 8 are the "Placebos-of-Choice" now-a-days; I trashed a Delta 8 cart last week, that experiment lasted all of 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    To be continued; watch this space (19:13 zulu, 3/15/2021)

eta:

motor-fixers @ Spectrum / Comcast

After 4 different "Feel En-gin-eers" and my insistence that they change out the router device, I think that my installation is back to normal.

I'm already my own "Cable Guy" -- I just had to go through all the steps before I went out and purchased my own Cable Gateway and new router; that option is still not off the table yet; time will tell.

The Sons-of-
    Biscuit eating Field En-gin-eers and Helpdesk cretins ran me around for over a month with "Do-this / Do that" and , "You cannot have more than one Wi-Fi network running off one Cable Gateway; Bullshit! The other devices were operating in "Bridge mode" and had been since initial installation years ago.

For the sake of troubleshooting, I disconnected any and all devices running DHCP giving out IP addresses or creating a Wi-Fi networks for 3 days which, took all the air out of their suggestion / causal balloons.

I don't have the biggest "I-T Pecker" in the crowd but, I know how to use what Cisco gave me.

I spoke too soon.

I had them "Do Something" -- I insisted that they swap out the Router for a different one and, they also put me on a different subnet segment; less than an hour after the representative from the ISP left, the same problem with the same symptoms reappeared. While he was here, he could see the problems in the signal levels and, he did his best to gain my acceptance of the job he performed before he left.

About a month ago, we had a watermain break, sent a Rooster Tail of water 40 feet in the air and, it damaged a bunch of stuff; I think that the water infiltrated the cable junction box, that's around the time that the problems started.