Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Feeling disheartened and ham radio culture shocked

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Ok man, whatever. Instead of reflection, you sound like an addict defending your choices.
    Nailed it.

The modulation needs more positive peaks.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    The modulation needs more positive peaks.

ModPeak.jpg

Twist the knob on three... 1, 2,eleven.jpg

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by KB2SFH View Post
    I'm trying the best I can with my limitations here and you just keep putting everything I am buying or doing down every time you post to me. I'm sorry I started investing in new equipment. I should have stayed a paper ham and stayed out of the hobby and off the air.
    NO, you shouldn't have. Stayed a paper ham and QRT, that is. Where's the fun in that?

You're doing good. And we've all had limitations at one time or another. Stay the course.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Nothing is off with me nor am I putting anything down, only pointing out lower expected results and showing how an expert, Gordon West did it better. Sue knows all about Gordo, his radio school, and study manuals. IIRC she was present during his presentation. What is off is Sue's taking it all wrong. Now if you read over the thread about getting a Johnson Thunderbolt on the air you'll see how my constructive criticism of a few points were taken THE RIGHT WAY as intended. As a result the amp is purring right along and the owner is right pleased with it and pleased with ME, the only one who helped him.
    Your intentions may be noble. Your delivery, in this case at least, leaves a lot to be desired.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I see where you're coming from, now for where I'M coming from. My physical problems, now with coughing up blood on top of them has me feeling like I'm being run over by a bus. Then on the other side of the coin is Sue, all I shall say so not to be offensive, I've known her for many years, long before either of us came here, so I know things about her both + and - that you'll never know. She hasn't read anything since the paper ham comment, nor has she answered my PM and likely hasn't been here to have read it. Make of this what you will, I'm in no mood for further discourse.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    I see where you're coming from, now for where I'M coming from. My physical problems, now with coughing up blood on top of them has me feeling like I'm being run over by a bus. Then on the other side of the coin is Sue, all I shall say so not to be offensive, I've known her for many years, long before either of us came here, so I know things about her both + and - that you'll never know. She hasn't read anything since the paper ham comment, nor has she answered my PM and likely hasn't been here to have read it. Make of this what you will, I'm in no mood for further discourse.

I have seen every post but I just don't feel like responding to them. I'm a tired person from constant life drama and don't have the emotional strength anymore after all these years of trying to defend myself and explain myself to family, coworkers, bosses for every single single thing
    First licensed October 31, 1994 as No Code Technician
    Upgraded to General in April, 2006 WITH CODE
    Upgraded to EXTRA written on May 12, 2007

ARRL Life Member

73 DE KB2SFH
    (5 WPM EXTRA AND PROUD OF IT!!!)
    BE PROUD OF YOUR CALL SIGN, YOU EARNED IT!!!

It's ok with me, you don't need to explain anything. You just do what you need to do for you and don't worry one bit about anyone else. Explain nothing. You earned it. It's just nice to have you back.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    It's ok with me, you don't need to explain anything. You just do what you need to do for you and don't worry one bit about anyone else. Explain nothing. You earned it. It's just nice to have you back.
    Pretty much this.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."