Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
Don't feel bad, remember what Arlo Guthrie walking in his humorist/musician father Woody's footsteps said, there's always somebody (like me the paper ham) who has it worse than you. But think of the LAST guy, ain't nobody has it worse than THAT guy. You're suffering from Planned Obsolescence Syndrome and the only cure is money neither of us have enough of... maybe.

Did you receive the only thing Trumpy Bear as our Canukian friend calls him did good, the $1,200 gift? How about Uncle Joe's $600 down payment on the gift they're still squabbling over? Don't answer those rhetorical questions, your finances are a private matter, they're just something to think about.

Speaking of an obsolete HT, my Azden developed a nasty squeal when on 5W, 1W sounded fine, then both battery packs died. I was friends with the NY dealer/service center ham from LIMARC, (from the Jersey shore Long Island is a direct over water path) unfortunately they dropped the Amateur Radio line dealing in TV broadcast exclusively. To make matters worse nobody rebuilt those battery packs, I couldn't rebuild them either, NiCd cells of that size were unavailable.
Sorry about your Azden, I know you always loved that radio. As far as stimulus payments they are going into my savings. I need to do serious replenishing of bank accounts after taking unfortunate major hits over the past 5 years..