Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current rank?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Current rank?

Maybe I am looking in the wrong places or it never existed or it vanished and I am senile anyway but wasn't there a list or key type chart that showed each members rank such as tribal elder and how many posts to make to get to the next rank name?
    First licensed October 31, 1994 as No Code Technician
    Upgraded to General in April, 2006 WITH CODE
    Upgraded to EXTRA written on May 12, 2007

ARRL Life Member

73 DE KB2SFH
    (5 WPM EXTRA AND PROUD OF IT!!!)
    BE PROUD OF YOUR CALL SIGN, YOU EARNED IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KB2SFH View Post
    Maybe I am looking in the wrong places or it never existed or it vanished and I am senile anyway but wasn't there a list or key type chart that showed each members rank such as tribal elder and how many posts to make to get to the next rank name?

Yes, I posted it somewhere quite a while ago. I'll grab another copy from the cfg panel and post it here in a few minutes.

Here is the chart:

user_titles.jpg
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Yes, I posted it somewhere quite a while ago. I'll grab another copy from the cfg panel and post it here in a few minutes.

Here is the chart:

user_titles.jpg
    Thanks so much for posting it but I could have sworn it once had an icon button on the toolbar
    First licensed October 31, 1994 as No Code Technician
    Upgraded to General in April, 2006 WITH CODE
    Upgraded to EXTRA written on May 12, 2007

ARRL Life Member

73 DE KB2SFH
    (5 WPM EXTRA AND PROUD OF IT!!!)
    BE PROUD OF YOUR CALL SIGN, YOU EARNED IT!!!

Post The Island's most prolific posters

A "Top Twenty" list of our most prolific posters (by rank, user name, Title, # posts, last visit):

1 KG4CGC "Island Bartender 48,936 Today
    2 n2ize "Volcano Tamer" 33,899 01/08/2021
    3 K6BSO "Pope Carlo I" 29,080 10/21/2020
    4 W0TKX "Whacker Knot" 26,651 Today
    5 N8YX "Administrator" 25,633 Today
    6 KC2UGV "Volcano Tamer" 22,590 01/04/2021
    7 N2NH "Istanbul Expert" 22,361 07/07/2017
    8 W3WN "Volcano Tamer" 18,140 Today
    9 K7SGJ "La Rata Del Desierto" 16,971 10/15/2019
    10 w2amr "SK Member 4/29/2020" 16,259 01/30/2020
    11 ad4mg "Administrator" 14,473 Today
    12 N1LAF "Volcano Tamer" 13,893 01/24/2021
    13 kb2vxa "Grumpy old bastid" 12,806 02/02/2021
    14 N7YA "Volcano Tamer" 12,105 11/14/2020
    15 PA5COR "Volcano Tamer" 11,912 Today
    16 KB3LAZ "Island Vampire" 11,536 06/08/2019
    17 W3MIV "SK Member 12/16/2011 11,173 12/12/2011
    18 kf0rt "Volcano Tamer" 11,068 04/10/2017
    19 NA4BH "Island Godfather" 10,933 10/10/2020
    20 W1GUH "SK Member 5/25/2015" 10,471 03/07/2015
    I note some of our 'busiest' members haven't been here in a while. I also sadly note that 3 on our list are no longer with us.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

I'll try to contribute more tech-related stuff as I complete various projects and document them. One thing I'm trying to accomplish at the moment is to get a couple of Optoelectronics Optocom receivers to talk to my new copy of ScanStar's Spectrum Commander IX. These are essentially a RadShack Pro-2042 scanner plus OS535 interface in a black box; they have discriminator outputs and multiple CI-V interfaces on the rear panels. Thoughts are to connect 2ea IC-R7000s to the Optocoms, letting the Icoms run in "handoff mode" while the Optocoms - via SC-IX and DSDecode - track our various trunking systems.

The R7000 - dated though it may be - is still a MUCH better analog receiver than any of the R/S-Uniden scanners I have. With discriminator taps and DSDecode doing the D/A conversion, they'll make an effective platform for NXDN, DMR and MotoTrbo monitoring. IF (gigantic IF) I can get the Optocoms and Spectrum Commander to work together.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

I should have stopped at Coconut King.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9ECI View Post
    I should have stopped at Coconut King.
    I don't know. You seem to be navigating that beer in your avatar pretty darn well!

When I hit Master Navigator I started using WWII pilots and VFR navigation tools as avatars.
    Last edited by KG4CGC; 02-10-2021 at 10:27 AM. Reason: letter placement

BTW, just call me Professor Prolificus. LOL!

Good grief Charles, you're something else! What I don't know. (;->) Speaking of WW2 pilots, have you noticed the movies about The Tuskegee Airmen aka Redtails have found their way to TV? I have several with GREAT dogfight scenes. It's damn well about time those brave men considered expendable sent on the most dangerous missions where they proved their mettle finally got the honor and recognition well deserved both by the military and the media!

Avatars are one thing, using military radio equipment is quite another and quite a treat. I wonder if The Military Radio Net is still active. The closest I came was restoring a couple of R390 receivers using the thick as a NY Telephone directory service manual. One went into climate controlled storage, and using one on an AM Gangsta station all broadcast from mic to antenna except for the receiver and a Johnson Valiant I modified to use line level audio from the DA direct to the modulators. The rest of the all broadcast was 3 1KW AM transmitters tuned for 160M giving a total of 6 crystal controlled frequencies. Now what was that comment about doing AM Gangsta shit again? (;->)
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    I wonder if The Military Radio Net is still active.
    Dennis Starks, KB0SFP runs daily milsurp equipment nets and has several Groups.io groups dedicated to the various lines of hardware including manpack setups. I met Dennis at Dayton once and bought two of four pieces from a Cubic Kilowatt from him. The complete, working Kilowatt is in a basement rack. It doesn't operate AM but another Cubic of that vintage (which is also mounted in the rack) will transmit AME.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."