Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current rank?

As Arte Johnson used to say in his WW2 German costume, veeerrry interesting. Those R390s were Collins, others were even made by Ford, and darn if I can remember which Army "mobile" station used the Collins 30L1 KW amp. Funny thing about WW2 military radio, anything that could be moved with a fork lift was mobile. Remember the TV series 12 O'clock High? Every bit of the base radio station was authentic right down to the BC610. The last R390s I saw in the Surplus Sales of Nebraska catalog were "demilitarized" with the radium dial dB meters removed, (VU meters work but look so phony) they stopped glowing long ago but the paint is still slightly radioactive. Laws are often quite senseless, radium is an alpha emitter. Alpha particles consist of 2 protons & 2 neutrons with low penetration stopped by a few centimeters of air or skin. That being the case there's no way they can penetrate the glass front or metal case of the meters that were in those intact receivers I restored. Unfortunately very little US military radio surplus is to be had since it now is all classified and instead of the surplus market it goes in the shredder. The last I saw on the market was British some years ago, man packs were of the Clansman series. I remember the 60s before Manhattan's Mercantile District was razed to make way for the World Trade Center Complex. In the heart of it was Radio Row where I had to step over and around tons of surplus radio gear on the sidewalk to get around. If Archie Bunker was a ham he and Edith would have sung a very different tune!
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Two New Titles

Two new titles have been added at 5,000 and 10,000 posts per suggestions by Sue, KB2SFH. The revised list reads as follows:

Screenshot_2021-03-17.jpg

Several members (anyone over 10,000 posts in particular) have new titles! This excludes customized personal titles, which we are receptive to adding upon request.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Do we have any members titled "Usual Suspect" yet?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Pick me! Pick me!

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Pick me! Pick me!
    Well...

OK!

QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Well...

OK!

Well done Luke.......and on mine as well!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Well...

OK!

excellent.jpg

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful