Thread: Current rank?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good grief Charles, you're something else! What I don't know. (;->) Speaking of WW2 pilots, have you noticed the movies about The Tuskegee Airmen aka Redtails have found their way to TV? I have several with GREAT dogfight scenes. It's damn well about time those brave men considered expendable sent on the most dangerous missions where they proved their mettle finally got the honor and recognition well deserved both by the military and the media!

Avatars are one thing, using military radio equipment is quite another and quite a treat. I wonder if The Military Radio Net is still active. The closest I came was restoring a couple of R390 receivers using the thick as a NY Telephone directory service manual. One went into climate controlled storage, and using one on an AM Gangsta station all broadcast from mic to antenna except for the receiver and a Johnson Valiant I modified to use line level audio from the DA direct to the modulators. The rest of the all broadcast was 3 1KW AM transmitters tuned for 160M giving a total of 6 crystal controlled frequencies. Now what was that comment about doing AM Gangsta shit again? (;->)
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    I wonder if The Military Radio Net is still active.
    Dennis Starks, KB0SFP runs daily milsurp equipment nets and has several Groups.io groups dedicated to the various lines of hardware including manpack setups. I met Dennis at Dayton once and bought two of four pieces from a Cubic Kilowatt from him. The complete, working Kilowatt is in a basement rack. It doesn't operate AM but another Cubic of that vintage (which is also mounted in the rack) will transmit AME.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."