Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Note

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Hello to the person that reads this note. I just wanted to tell you that the Bi flag in front of our house means a so much to me, and I can look at that flag, and think "it'll get better". I'll have one of these someday. Thank you.
    it's huge. so many of these kids grow up hearing how awful "those people" are (knowing they're one of them) and until they see stuff like this they feel so absolutely alone.

so yes, this is an awesome thing.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

I've had friends from every walk of life from outlaw biker gangs to the LGBTABCXYZ Community because it's all about mutual RESPECT. You know the song "R-E-S-P-E-C-T (you) don't know what it means to me.". Socket Toomie, plug me in, light me up. You're ____, I'm straight, that's cool, the band's name wasn't The Kinks for nothing.

Growing up is only a small part of the heartache. I'll never forget what our now ex Islander Kelly went through becoming and living as a transsexual, and the dirty bastard also ex Islanders that forced her to leave and then most unfortunately leave finally. I kept in touch for a while via e-mail until something happened and she said goodbye, all of her addys went dead. I went through all of the school troubles, bullies and name calling, kids can be so cruel, and then some kids never grow up, they should be hanged. The Darwin Award isn't the only way to chlorinate the gene pool.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by n6hcm View Post
    it's huge. so many of these kids grow up hearing how awful "those people" are (knowing they're one of them) and until they see stuff like this they feel so absolutely alone.

so yes, this is an awesome thing.
    Update:

We had dinner the other night with Little Miss Field Day at her new place, and this came up in conversation. She wants and is going to get the flag back, but... there are other flags (basically on the "we support" type) available, and some other ways to put them up, so that's the plan for the near future.

Between the three of us, we still don't know who left the note. And maybe it's ultimately not important... but if the kid (or whomever) needs someone to talk to, or other help, she wants to be available. So we'll just have to play it by ear until we find out more.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Shouldn't that read "unless we find out more"? It was left in secret, I'm sure the person has a reason for anonymity. A good part of respect is respecting that person's reason, yes? One of the thoughts running through my head has to do with leaving sleeping dogs lie so they don't bite. There's a short story behind that.

Some years ago a friend and I were hitchhiking at night and I had to pee real bad. We came across a closed diner, I went around back and let loose. Looking down I saw a battleship chain at my feet, I heard it clink, UH OH! Wasting no time turning around I ran backward as fast as I could as this huge black shape lunged out of the dark and chomped down on my thigh THAT close to the family jewels. Back out on the highway under the light I saw a big rip in my bloody jeans, the pocket was hanging out, so I took out my key ring attached to a small pocket knife badly dented. Besides keys on the ring I had a TO3 germanium power transistor from the rear of a hybrid car radio, a penny flattened by the JFK funeral train as it passed slowly through my home town, and a small folding scissors I bought from a homeless man. BTW they served me well time and time again. I still have those items on a different key ring, this is the souvenir of The Night Of The Wet Angry Dog. ('->)

DSCF0728.JPG
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Shouldn't that read "unless we find out more"? It was left in secret, I'm sure the person has a reason for anonymity. A good part of respect is respecting that person's reason, yes?
    < snip >
    Picky, picky, picky.

I suspect that over time we may find out more. We may not. We will deal with that situation if and when it happens.

LMFD is a good listener. If the person in question every reveals themselves, she will be able to get them any help or assistance they need, even if it's just a friendly shoulder to confide in.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Tiki Bearer
    I wondered what happened to Kelli. Her photo looked remarkably similar to a lady who when Covid permits I see to and from work. She lives somewhere close to me, at one time at the weekend I always used to pass her when out and about in the town. She has a name that starts with a K as well and is one of three people that I do not know personally who I see to and from work that I know the name of.

Since no one else replied it falls to me. Unless Kelli moved to merry old England you're thinking of the wrong K. Last I heard from her she lived in Buffalo, New York, not old York UK. Speaking of York, being a rail fan from way back now retired from cooling hot rails, I would just LOVE to spend a week at the National Railway Museum. The display is so large it would take at least that long to see it. Kelli is one, and so are quite a few I miss who have left us for one reason or another. The closest I came to the two hobbies together was when I brought a 2M HT on one of my rail excursions and made a few contacts on the Bear Mountain New York repeater from the KB2VXA 10,000 wheel mobile. I loved when they went "WHAAAAA...???". (;->)
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

Tiki Bearer
    Your Kelli does look remarkably like my K. Well not my K as they are a stranger. I do not wish to talk like a radio amateur and dealer who was holding forth on a repeater about a 121 with the CEO of Ofcom's predecessor. He failed to mention that he was attending a conference with 500 other people.

I wish that this site had a bit more traffic. Perhaps we are the only sensible ones left.

Someone gets it!

The sensible part, that is. Quality over quantity, that's the mantra on less 'stable' sites so it must be true.

funny I'm considered sensible - must be a glitch in the matrix...

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Last I heard from her she lived in Buffalo, New York, not old York UK.
    still does, at least for a while longer. sold the house, got a bus, customized the bus, lives in the bus. there was a plan to go west, but covid busted that up, and afaik it is now on again ...
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane