Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-Commerce And Me

E-Commerce And Me

I just want to talk about my last E-Commerce interaction.

"Oriental Wok Oil" , cannot find it in the stores but, I can and did order it from Amazon for $11.35 for two bottles w/free shipping. "Fair-Dinkum" until I get a notice that it was delivered but, not to me; no big deal, I just contact Amazon and request a refund.

Here's where it gets interesting, on the Amazon site, I order the product and when I contacted them, they told me to contact the seller "Bogus_Name" and give them three days to respond and if I could not work it out with them, a refund would be applied.

Upon email contact, "Bogus_Name" sent me "canned-email" advising me to check with my neighbors and file a claim with the U.S.P.S. Postal Inspectors - strange to request Postal Inspectors since the item was shipped Fedex. The Fedex shipping statement said the item was coming out of Illinois from Walmart Dot Com so, I go back through my WalMart orders and, nothing shows; Fedex email list a order number xxxxxxxx which I reference when I call Walmart about the order number that I have.

Walmart Dot Com recognizes the number and ask, is this about your Wok Oil? (I'm all screwed up in the head now!).

WHOA! I did not order it from Walmart Dot Com Grocery division, I ordered it from "Bogus_Name" on the Amazon site! I contact Amazon and file for an "ABC-Refund" and it was immediately granted.

TL:DR Walmart is selling under "Bogus_Names" on Amazon ; the whole of the E-Commerce network is all tied together under the massive GUI of Dot com names.

How much does the Wok oil cost on Wally World’s site?

First impression is that BogusName acted as a 3rd party broker. Sold you an item for $2X that he ordered on WW for $1X, just had them ship the item direct to you instead of him (or her).

WW makes their $, BN makes his $, you think you got a deal & are none the wiser. Or would have been, if the delivery hadn’t been fowled up.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

They've been doing this hoo-hah for a while now.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    They've been doing this hoo-hah for a while now.
    Restaurants too. Making things in their own kitchens for delivery, under the guise of a new mom&pop upstart (in some cases).

Oriental Wok Oil??? Mr. Spock would say "fascinating", Vulcan code for "I haven't a clue.". Did you know he got those ears from getting his head stuck in a mechanical rice picker?

Now a taste and a sniff should give you an idea what kind of oil is in the bottle. Then you can get it at your favorite food store for a normal price.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    Oriental Wok Oil??? Mr. Spock would say "fascinating", Vulcan code for "I haven't a clue.". Did you know he got those ears from getting his head stuck in a mechanical rice picker?
    < snip >
    Really? Every Trekker worth his dilithium crystals knows that one (the ears story). For that, go out in the middle of the street for a nice game of Fizzbin.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    How much does the Wok oil cost on Wally World’s site?

First impression is that BogusName acted as a 3rd party broker. Sold you an item for $2X that he ordered on WW for $1X, just had them ship the item direct to you instead of him (or her).

WW makes their $, BN makes his $, you think you got a deal & are none the wiser. Or would have been, if the delivery hadn’t been fowled up.
    House of Tsang Wok Oil

First, unfortunately it's not being stocked locally by Kroger or Meijer and secondly, I don't shop for food in the same place where I buy my dry good or electronics (Walmart) and, YES, that was a 100% plus markup compared to pre-covid madness; I wanted the product so, "I took the bait".

Makes a big difference in your stir-fry!

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    House of Tsang Wok Oil

First, unfortunately it's not being stocked locally by Kroger or Meijer and secondly, I don't shop for food in the same place where I buy my dry good or electronics (Walmart) and, YES, that was a 100% plus markup compared to pre-covid madness; I wanted the product so, "I took the bait".

Makes a big difference in your stir-fry!

A quick search shows...

$4.33 at Walmart (+ $5.99 shipping from their website)
    $4.79 each at Albertsons (+ shipping)
    $12.00 on eBay
    $12.88 on Amazon (pack of two); $25.88 (pack of six)
    $25.49 from shop.com

Ans it’s $3.99 at Giant Eagle, right up the street, and at Shop N Save, a few blocks away.

The brand is owned by Hormel, it appears. It’s flavored cottonseed oil, with onion and other spices.

So, who did you order it from?
    Last edited by W3WN; 01-27-2021 at 10:47 PM.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!