Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E-Commerce And Me

There you go ruining the ambiance for him Ron.

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

If you don't like to let your oil heat up too much, just use safflower oil with a tablespoon of olive oil.
    I mean, the oil get hot instantly if you've committed yourself to wokking.

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    There you go ruining the ambiance for him Ron.
    Sorry!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

this happens both ways. some third parties are selling costco goods at a markup and having costco ship them. apparently members can have things shipped to anyone, i guess, so you pay someone ... that person makes an order from costco and pays costco and then pockets the difference.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Lemme see now, rice picker ears in The City On The Edge Of Tomorrow, perhaps the best episode in the entire first ST series. IIRC Fizbin was in A Piece Of The Action, phasers on stun from orbit was a neat trick.

Wok oil still smells like snake oil, I don't see why you'd need oil at all. Having been good friends with Tong Yin the owner and employees of a Chinese restaurant when I lived in Lizardbreath (Elizabeth) I had the run of the kitchen and never once saw Ng Chu put oil in his wok. Maybe breaking it in he used lard from the fryer, but after cooking in it he used a big stiff bristle brush to clean it and went right to the next order.

That's the Chinese version of you never, NEVER EVER wash a cast iron fry pan, just scrape out any stickys, wipe with a clean rag, and put it away. Washing off the shortening or oil residue exposes raw iron that oxidizes and flavors (yuck) what is fried in it.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    A quick search shows...

$4.33 at Walmart (+ $5.99 shipping from their website)
    $4.79 each at Albertsons (+ shipping)
    $12.00 on eBay
    $12.88 on Amazon (pack of two); $25.88 (pack of six)
    $25.49 from shop.com

Ans it’s $3.99 at Giant Eagle, right up the street, and at Shop N Save, a few blocks away.

The brand is owned by Hormel, it appears. It’s flavored cottonseed oil, with onion and other spices.

So, who did you order it from?
    Ordered from "Bogus-name" on Amazon.

I do "Asset Protection" for (keep-store-name-outta-your-mouth-online) and asked and was told that it was a Corporate decision not to stock it.

Kroger no longer has it in stock; I will look into the others you pointed out.

The 800 lb gorilla in supermarkets around here is Giant Eagle, with Shop 'n Save a distant second. Krogers has been out of the market for... 25, 30 years? Something like that.

Now, items like the Wok Oil are stocked in some stores, but not all. Depends on if it's a corporate owned store (and how big) or a franchise. GE also has an 'upscale' version called Market District, which carries things that a 'regular' GE will not... and charges accordingly.

So, if you can't find it locally or at a decent price to order, I'll see what I can find. Of course, it will cost you... shipping and sales tax on top of retail cost.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 2K!!

The 800 lb gorilla in supermarkets around here is Giant Eagle, with Shop 'n Save a distant second. Krogers has been out of the market for... 25, 30 years? Something like that.

Now, items like the Wok Oil are stocked in some stores, but not all. Depends on if it's a corporate owned store (and how big) or a franchise. GE also has an 'upscale' version called Market District, which carries things that a 'regular' GE will not... and charges accordingly.

So, if you can't find it locally or at a decent price to order, I'll see what I can find. Of course, it will cost you... shipping and sales tax on top of retail cost.
    IMG_20210217_190400554.jpg

I shouldn't have to order it for quite a while.

Looks like you're all set then!

But if you have a problem down the road, the offer still stands.

Enjoy!

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!

Looks like you're all set then!

But if you have a problem down the road, the offer still stands.

Enjoy!
    Thank you for the offer sir, I will file this away as a resource.