Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barbi Beer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Barbi Beer

So, I went out and bought a six pack of "Craft" Beer Wild Pony-piss and it was horrible , it sat in my fridge for weeks.....

Anyway, I cracked one open after an extremely trying afternoon and, it still tasted like shyte; I squirted a shot of Strawberry-Watermelon MiO (the bottled water flavoring crappola) into the Laguniats Little Sumpin Ale and, suddenly I can drink the "Barbi Beer".

Not recommended, just pointed out for the sake of prosperity; YMMV!

Went to Whole Foods about 2 years ago and used their "buy 6 cardboard holder" to pick out 6 craft beers. One was somewhat drinkable the rest were poured down the drain after one taste. Best thing about them are the names and pictures on the cans/bottles.
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Quote Originally Posted by K4PIH View Post
    Went to Whole Foods about 2 years ago and used their "buy 6 cardboard holder" to pick out 6 craft beers. One was somewhat drinkable the rest were poured down the drain after one taste. Best thing about them are the names and pictures on the cans/bottles.
    Whole Foods has turned into a trash panda. I'll make the trip to Hendersonville NC just to go to the Ingle's on hwy 64. Biggest and most extensive beer selection ANYWHERE in the SE and that includes giants like Green's and Total Wine.

Most of Lagunita's offerings are extremely hoppy. It can be overpowering for some. Unfortunately, EVERYBODY and their mother is making a lot of IPA's. They're hard to screw up. If you screw up the batch just add more hops. That's how it happens. You either like hops or you don't.
    Try a Sierra Nevada Narwhal. I don't like "Imperial" stouts. This tastes nothing like an imperial stout. It just tastes good. I like to sip water with it. It's like tasting 2 beers. Take care, high octane.

Of note, the Lagunita brand is usually high alcohol for beer. If you want to experiment with IPA's then try the "session" versions. I like an IPA at about 4 to 5 percent alcohol. When you get into the 6.8 to 7% and beyond range, something just starts to taste off. The dark malty brews can carry higher alcohol better, if, that's what you're after.

One more thing, I like my IPA's EXTREMELY cold. I chill them down to the point of almost freezing and then pour it into a 30oz steel insulated vessel that has spent at least 45 minutes in the freezer. I use the RTIC (artic) brand although some prefer the Yeti brand. Walmart makes their own version that works almost as good.

I like tasty beers, but I seem to be mildly allergic to hops.

Sturdy IPA (one) will give me a headache damn quick.

A malty, but not oversweet Dunkle Weissbier is a favorite.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Opinions are like ass holes, everybody has one, so here is mine for what it's worthless. Before we begin, if it tastes nasty at room temperature it IS nasty, fogidabowdit.

Ann Heiser's Bush used to taste good, but since it was bought by an Argentine outfit, when they say "this bud's for you" they're talking about cannabis. Once upon a time when working air cargo at Newark International we came across another severely damaged shipment, beer from around the world destined for a brewers' convention in New York, it never got there. We had our own beer tasting party, most of it was pretty good, but when I tasted Suntory from Japan I spat it out in disgust. Every brewer and distiller knows to use pure water, but there's no telling what other ingredients go into it. Germany produces the best beer in the world thanks to their beer purity law, look it up. BTW even when the outcome is good beer the brewing makes a stink that turns stomachs. Budweiser is across the highway from the airport and from time immemorial pilots coming out of the south lined up on the brightly lit animated sign, it leads exactly to runway 4R 22L, but when wind and time are right the stench would gag a maggot. This may come as a surprise, Sam Adams Boston Lager is dirt beer, that is it tastes like dirt. Ever since I learned a few things about Chinese culture I never refuse anything offered or given, it makes the one who offers or gives loose face. That has caused me to drink a lot of panther piss. Oh if you don't know how dirt tastes, worms too, you wasted your childhood. My vote goes to Yuengling that may be expensive but is well worth the price. If you can't pronounce it correctly don't buy it unless you don't mind the barman chuckling.

"I like tasty beers, but I seem to be mildly allergic to hops."
    Then lager is not for you, pilsner is without the hops that make lager "dry" aka bitter.

My beer is Reingold the dry beer
    Ask for Reingold whenever you buy beer
    Extra dry never sweet
    It's the dry flavor treat
    Won't you buy extra dry Reingold beer

Once upon a time radio commercials were read from copy, Jean Shepherd butchered the hell out of them turning them from advertising into entertainment. The one thing he couldn't change was the jingles that came with them, but turning them into singalongs was great fun. EXCELSIOR YOU FATHEAD!

AB Newark sign.jpg
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 01-17-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

The popular brand of beer during my wayward youth was Stroh's beer, The Stroh Brewery Company was a beer brewery located in Detroit, Michigan, United States. In addition to its own Stroh's brand, the company produced or bought the rights to several other brands including Goebel, Schaefer, Schlitz, Augsburger, Erlanger, Old Style, Lone Star, Old Milwaukee, Red River, and Signature, as well as manufacturing Stroh's Ice Cream. The company was taken over and broken up in 2000, but some of its brands continued to be made by the new owners. (wiki)

I don't like to drink beers that I can see through, give me an Imperial / Chocolate Stout.

Last edited by koØm; 01-17-2021 at 12:02 PM.

Stroh's hit the South in the late 70's. I feel the commercials were geared towards underage drinkers.
    It was definitely a sweet beer.

Stroh's. Bohemian fire brewed beer. When I was first in Korea back I the 80's, they sold it on base for around $3 for a case. Can't go too wrong there and it was actually a drinkable beer. Had many a case in the year I was there.

Another one popular with the troops was Rolling Rock in the little "pony" bottles.
    Last edited by K4PIH; 01-22-2021 at 11:37 AM.
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Little pony bottles reminds me of Little King's Cream Ale.
    Again, sweet beer to swill down for the underage drinker.
    I think we covered a dining room table with empties one night.