Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Certificate Expired

Actually, I was thinking of the original Duck Dodgers shorts... I never saw the cartoon series.

Enjoyed the clip, tho. Evan got all the references and homages, right down to the Iron Giant. And Sea Man... they slipped THAT one past the censors!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I like the WB cartoons. Earthworm Jim was hilarious.

Animaniacs got a reboot. No Wheel of Morality. Yet.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto. From the depths of Robot Hell he arose to battle Duck Dogers! (Bad guys always lose, die a thousand times, but are immortal just like in the real world.) Unfortunately a change in the cable TV channel lineup left me without The Cartoon Channel so I can't enjoy the reboot of Animaniacs, Robot Chicken that had nothing to do with a robotic chicken and all the adult cartoons shown after parental units have put the younger units to bed. BTW the poorly translated manual for the Icom IC-25 called the driver stage the younger unit. I just KNEW the music behind the Animaniacs political parody sounded familiar and here it is in its original form.

"The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Expired again for one reason or another.

Seems to be working again, warnings stay out now.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Expired again for one reason or another.
    It's the nature of the certificate we use. These security certificates are valid only for a 90 day period, and it is my understanding that they are free. I don't want anyone to think I'm complaining (I've never mentioned this certificate issue before - ever), but donations here have averaged < 20% of expenses since we brought the site back after Jeff's unfortunate passing, and that's just the server expenses. This is the nature of forums these days, ours is not a unique situation. A purchased security certificate with a longer lifespan would just add to the costs. Frankly, I am no longer in a financial position to take on any additional expenses.

Now, we have a core group that responds every time I ask for donations. Many thanks to each and every one of you. When I do a donation request, we usually raise enough funds to cover the place for 2 - 3, maybe 4 months. I cannot, in good faith, keep expecting the same 10 or 12 folks to continue to support the site. This is why I haven't asked for donations again. The last call for donations was June of last year, and we raised enough to fund the site almost through September 2020. I've covered it since, except for $15 in donations we received from 2 new members.

Michael isn't available right now to fix the certificate, so it may be a few days before that happens. There is no danger, our communications are still encrypted, and the site is secure. Although the certificate expired on April 5, you can add an exception so that you no longer see the apocalyptic warning message when you log in. If you clear your browser cookies daily, you will continue to see the warning message. There is no immediate danger, although maintaining a current security certificate is a sound business practice. We will update the certificate as soon as it's possible.

Given the goings on at another amateur radio site, I can't find myself being unhappy about residents of the now defunct sewage treatment forum over there seeing the warning messages and being scared away.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Guys,

I'm recovering from Covid and will get to this as energy allows....
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Security Data from Firefox

Here is the data my Firefox browser is displaying for forums.hamisland.net at this time:

Browser: Firefox for Linux Mint ver 87.0 (64 bit)

Note that under "Technical Details" it is indicated that the connection is still encrypted.

It also indicates that I have not saved any passwords for this site. I never allow the browser to save my passwords (except on 2 "throw-away" email addresses), as they can easily be retrieved by anyone with access to your console. In Firefox, you can get a complete list, in ASCII text, of all saved log-ins with passwords in 3 mouse clicks. Something to consider, especially when disposing of older equipment!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Certificate updated
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    Certificate updated
    Thank you Michael! I hope that you're recovering from the virus, and have started feeling better...
    Take care, my friend!