Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Certificate Expired

i love Let's Encrypt ... the ISP i use for my personal sites updates these automagically every quarter, which is also awesome.

fully vaxed (and well past the two week period). first moderna shot clobbered me, but second was a nothingburger. annoyedly, the NYS "excelsior passport" doesn't seem to have my second vax shot on record so it won't give me a pass ...
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Quote Originally Posted by KD8TUT View Post
    Now that the cert is renewed her error should go away.

However, some anti virus block let's Encrypt certs for no good reason other than the certificates are free.
    My paid Bitdefender AV bitched about the cert that expired, not the renewed one.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

EEK! That avatar... IT BURNS! 'Scuse me while I run to the emergency eyewash station...

OK, I'm back, blinking.
    "Now that the cert is renewed her error should go away."
    It did.
    "However, some anti virus block let's Encrypt certs for no good reason other than the certificates are free."
    Consumer grade AVs have gone downhill, and some have fallen off a cliff since they went to "the cloud". When the local one that served for years got cloudy it ignored the ignore list and quarantined a bunch of sensitive parts of software off site, like borkning my VPN, and made them irretrievable. Gee, thanks, now I have to replace all of them!!! After trying this and that nearly wrecking the OS with so many installs and uninstalls my guru came through with Simantec Endpoint Protection enterprise grade AV and firewall completely on site, no firkin cloud. You guys may wish to look into it, I swear by it, not at it.

I know I mentioned this before, check out Cloudflare for DNS level protection in addition to it being the fastest DNS on the planet.
    https://blog.cloudflare.com/introduc...-for-families/
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Bitdefender "gets it".
    That is all.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Sorry 'bout the spelling error, it's Symantec. You reminded me of a radio station I used to listen to a few years ago, and the slogan when on occasion they'd take a break from infernal commercials and DJ patter and play some music for a change, "Nine in a row or the rat gets it.".

WRAT logo.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.