Thread: Happy 2021 All

Happy 2021 All

Did the New Year in right by IDing with our local group right on the dot of midnight.

10 minutes later, the frequency was dead quiet and most of us were fast asleep.

I had some pizza and a couple of strong stouts at 'DSG's place earlier in the evening, collected my lady friend and we were home by 10PM. She was passed out on the radio room couch by 11. So much for being party animals...!
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

I didn't make it anywhere even close to midnight. Was up at 4AM for work. Makes it difficult to stay up that late any more. Also the 2 bottles of wine, the meat and cheese plate and sitting in front of the fireplace with my bride contributed to the sleepies. Anyway, HNY to the lot of you.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Watched the neighborhood. Much more subdued this year with regard to fireworks. Has a little misting of rain around 1AM.
    Smoked a New Year cigar. Honduran Bolivar. Ah yes, miss the old Honduran tastes of 25 years ago.
    Cracked open a bottle of Temprenillo, fairly new, a 2018 and put one bottle back for sometime on down the road.
    I've included a short message in the link.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJfWyCkjOWP/

LMFD went over to a friend’s house, they had a small gathering, had a great time.

The Boss and I stayed home, cleaned up, and got ready for the grandkids visit this afternoon (which was also great, BTW). Took a break from 11 to just after midnight; KDKA TV did a virtual First Night celebration.

Exciting? No, not really. But, such is life.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Orca Whisperer
    Well, I polished up the weapons, inventoried ammo. Counted down the near year, and our local new fucked it up good.

Happy new years all!
    Last edited by N8YX; 01-03-2021 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Advocation of violence has no place on this forum
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Just a quiet night here with my son,
    Happy new year, stay healthy.
    Fireworks ban, but still some going up here though.
    To bed at 01.00 another day done, last 10 years i cannot be bothered by it if that is Xmas or new year.
    Went on the roof in the cold to put my X510N straight up because last storm whacked it 10 degrees out.
    Used spirit level to put it up straight, it has a pancake like radiation pattern being 16 feet tall.
    6 dBd gain on 2, 9 dBd gain on 70, ecoflex 15 coax losses 0.4 dB on 2, 0.89 on 70.
    SO i had my fun on the slippery slanted tiled roof.
    And yes, i'm not 25 anymore as i find out.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

The last time I stayed up late was ringing in the Millennium with a bunch of big yellow blockbusters brought in from Ohio that left the back yard bomb cratered. West Creek being rural nobody calls the cops, there are no cops to call when all the guns go off at midnight. The blockbusters being loudest gave a strange effect, the shock waves deafened me momentarily so all I heard was the echoes through the pines.

This time around New Year begins on 20 January, you still have time to buy a recording barometer for the historical event being a sharp momentary drop in pressure. No, there's no storm coming, the storm will pass, you'll record the world inhaling in unison breathing a collective sigh of relief.

Cor watch yourself! I used to climb without safety gear where monkeys won't go giving my guardian angel such a fright, but I got wiser with age, wiser because I'm no longer able. (;->) Antenna jobs are for the young with stout rope and a safety harness. Speaking for the whole mob here we want you around for New Year celebrations to come!
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Yep, 68 and i should know better....my bad.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution