Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: email addresses required for FCC licenses next year

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    If they ram THAT up my ass it will be a throwaway addy I'll never use, problem solved.

Exactly. I have several of those, none containing legitimate information.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

There are a good many older operators living out in the country here who don't have computers never mind sorting an email address. I forgot too, their internet connection would be ruinously slow and even expensive.

Definitely a sacrificial one is the way to go.

kb2vxa "If they ram THAT up my ass it will be a throwaway addy I'll never use, problem solved."
    Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Exactly. I have several of those, none containing legitimate information.
    FCC said: "40. Keeping E-mail Addresses Updated.—In the Notice, we sought comment on ways to ensure that applicants, licensees, and registrants maintain up-to-date e-mail addresses."

FCC Said: 41.Privacy Issues.—The Notice sought comment on possible privacy issues related to the collection of email addresses and asked whether e-mail addresses provided to ULS should continue to be made publicly available. While two commenters raise privacy concerns related to the e-mail requirement, e-mail addresses provided to ULS have always been publicly available, and users have not expressed privacy issues related to this practice. EWA maintains that it is “not aware that its members who include e-mail addresses on their applications have experienced problems of any significance with regard to unwanted solicitations or other communications.”

" users have not expressed privacy issues related to this practice." - Was anyone asked about this?

Wonder if those making these rules have their e-mails publicly available. When you start getting junk mail, just forward the junk mail back to the FCC. I did find this, btw....

To send E-mail to individual staff members, the address would consist of their first and last name separated with a period, @fcc.gov. For example the E-mail address for Mr./Ms. Firstname Lastname would be Firstname.Lastname@fcc.gov.

https://www.fcc.gov/general/office-engineering-and-technology-oet-organization-chart

Is there any such thing as "registered e-mail"?

Maybe an auto-responder with new e-mail address is applicable here.

Just thought I would have fun with this topic
    Last edited by N1LAF; 12-24-2020 at 12:08 PM.

The FCC conveniently ignored overlooked any privacy issues raised.

And this is a surprise? They clearly don’t give a tinker’s damn.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

The Fee Cee Cee has completely lost its mind in this final effort to go paperless, rather than keep a current mailing address they want us to keep a current e mailing address... WTF? There is nothing to the current myth whether or not you use an address. Once upon a time I was one of those Assholes On Line and several years after cancelling it on a hunch I accessed the address and down came an endless flood of SPAM. After a couple of minutes watching the screen erupt I disconnected and had quite a mess to clean up, bits all over the floor and out the door! I've been a good boy never having received any commieunication (spelling intentional) from the Fee Cee Cee.

No, I haven't lost MY mind. The bits all over the floor was inspired by a friend playing a prank on a janitor back in the daze of an IBM System III mainframe and keypunch machines. The janitor spilled a container of punch outs on the floor and the friend "went ballistic" over the computer needing bits to operate. The Fee Cee Cee came from Timtron WA1 Henry Yell ARR commenting on his testicling letter from Riley Hollingsworth.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.