Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is This a New Scam?

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Ron, why the snark?
    That was meant to be a little joke, not snark.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Wasn't Ron and his family the target of harassment at their home during the campaign season?
    True, but nothing major, and nothing in recent weeks.

At this point, I’m waiting to hear back from Amazon. I’d prefer to just return these (2nd box came yesterday) and let them sort it out.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 2K!!

Maybe? The hole in the system is that Amazon doesn't care what address you ship to, it just needs to be a completed order. So someone creates an account, ships it somewhere valid, then gets to leave a positive glowing review. You can't leave a review because *you* didn't order it. You can't get a return tag because you didn't order it.

They just clamped down on sellers who would ship garbage to addresses, fill out 5-star ratings and then replace the photos and product descriptions on that SKU with the product they wish to sell. I suspect what you received might be defective/returns/unsalable items. They can't change the SKU, so they'll dispose of their garbage for $45 in shipping and turn that into a 5 star review. Worse thing about it is, you can't easily dispose of that thing because of the refrigerant.

I'm pretty much done ordering from Amazon. I was shown Scotch 33+ in contractor packs, received Scotch 33+ in retail packs, which is a third less tape. Ordered other products that were clearly knock offs and counterfeit products.

Hmmm. OK.

i didn’t order this stuff. It wasn’t charged to me. If Amazon doesn’t care, and won’t take it back, then it all goes to the local St. Vincent de Paul donation center.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 2K!!