Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A little work to the old Deck

Horse gates. Never thought of those. Looks fantastic!

i built decks on the front & back of the house, 6 - 7 years ago. Both need some TLC. This gives me another option to think about.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by K4PIH View Post
    Nice! I think I'll tear off the old wooden stiles on mine and go with something similar.
    The old wood rail was shot. I was going to go back with wood framed hog wire which seem to be popular. Too popular as Tractor Supply was sold out of the hog wire. Decided to look at cow gates for the open feel. Got to the store and the horse gates had the 2x4 wire bottoms perfect for keeping the doggies from diving the 10' down to the patio.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

i would never have thought of using horse gates that way. looks really good!

i didn't really get to use my balcony (the size of a small deck) this year ... because sitting out there by yourself isn't like sitting out there with people. plus, i'd need to buy some furniture and i wasn't sure how long i'd be here. maybe next summer ...
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Sun sail arrived, Threw it up after work this afternoon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Went to Ikea on Sunday and put the table and chairs together and on the deck. The better half got the Glider from Home Depot. Put it together on saturday.

Added a 48' light string with 15 2 watt LED edison bulbs. I can call it finished. Time to start the work under the deck over the patio. I have a ceiling fan to hang down there. May look for a large sun sail for over the picnic table.

Are those the Harbor Freight lights? There is similar set at Costco. Nice work!
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Quote Originally Posted by K4PIH View Post
    Are those the Harbor Freight lights? There is similar set at Costco. Nice work!
    Actually got them from Target.com and are listed for commercial use. Got to love directions saying to have a licensed electrician install them. They plug in for christ sake. 15 year warranty for the cord too. Standard socket is nice when the bulbs start to go out.

A pic from this evening