Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Check Out Doc's Man Cave DIY

Check Out Doc's Man Cave DIY

Mostly motorcycle content on this new channel including carbs now, and in the future all manner of bike repair. There will be ride vlogs as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChj...RbJxiPPXVJ7fg/

Cool! Do you know him Charles, or something you found?

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by WZ7U View Post
    Cool! Do you know him Charles, or something you found?
    I'm producing the channel. Getting this whole Youtube thing into a known entity in my own world is the challenge. Might as well jump in with both feet.
    It wasn't my idea but I'm the only person he knows that ever made a video and put it on Youtube. I warned him of course that I am no Youtube expert but let's see where it goes. I just don't want to file taxes quarterly for pittances so it really needs to take off. I told him it would take 2 years.
    Hopefully I improve my skills and it will show as the episodes evolve over time. Hopefully the channel hits all the right buttons and rings all the right bells. We'll see.
    Doc's a real smart feller (yeah I know but I refrained). A real fun guy to work with too. I hope I can do him and the channel justice as this thing grows.

Our big vintage motorcycle rally was cancelled due to Covid. A month or so ago the IX Center in Cleveland announced it was folding up due to lost revenue from all the cancelled events. Thus, no more Indoor Motorcycle Show come January.

We were lucky to have attended the last regularly-scheduled one this year. Got the T-shirts too. And about a week afterwards, developed an illness that lasted for a good month.

I can see more events moving to virtual venues but such an approach really won't work for the swap meet crowd. It's nice to see this sort of content appearing online - thanks to all involved.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

We're going to try to get all kinds of content in but it's mostly based on DIY repair.
    Doc wants to do a ride video but I have to convince him we don't special equipment that we don't have and to just use what we got even if that means duct taping a phone to something. Equipment will come later.
    After watching and following several bike vloggers for a few years, they all kind of feel that Go Pros are overrated considering the issues they consistently run into, mostly audio problems. Often this is due to Go Pro's proprietary connectors etc. If there's a slight poor connection for a half second while riding, instead of just resuming audio, it just stops audio or in worse cases stops altogether.

My latest:

I'm going to install an Icom 703+ on one of my Concours 14s, with the chassis of the radio mounted inside a police-model radio top box. Managed to snag one of these on eBay earlier in the week along with a set of rear crash guards and a heated solo seat (which is what's used on the police version of this bike).

Shown here is the trunk and crash guards on a -14P model. I'm going to paint the box solid gloss black to match the rest of my bike. Mama won't be happy with losing her perch and the Givi trunk but I'm designing the conversion to allow easy swapping of the parts. A blow-by-blow to follow in the Tech area of the forum.

040512-2010-kawasaki-concours-14-police.jpg
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Evo carbs...I have a box of Accel "Thunder Twin" fuel-injection systems plus the computer tuner, cam specs (Crane Fireball 110B) and numerous other bits laying around. The one thing I DON'T have is information about the #5557 NOS accessory, and I don't want to grenade a motor by incorrectly reverse-engineering what Accel did here. Thoughts at one time were to build an FXRS-SP and a Fat Boy up with these systems then go have fun.