Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check Out Doc's Man Cave DIY

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Evo carbs...I have a box of Accel "Thunder Twin" fuel-injection systems plus the computer tuner, cam specs (Crane Fireball 110B) and numerous other bits laying around. The one thing I DON'T have is information about the #5557 NOS accessory, and I don't want to grenade a motor by incorrectly reverse-engineering what Accel did here. Thoughts at one time were to build an FXRS-SP and a Fat Boy up with these systems then go have fun.
    Let's see what Doc says. I'll throw that question at him.

There's a 4-pin connector on a fly lead off the main harness which interfaces a nitrous solenoid - that much I do know. What I'm unsure about is how this is activated - via momentary switch, throttle position switch on the throttle body (though there doesn't seem to be a mounting point for one) or some other mechanism.

I'm assuming that with the bottle switch thrown and a throttle setting above a certain percentage, the supply solenoid is turned on and the ECU increases injector dwell time accordingly. I have the ability to examine fuel maps for that system and have several nitrous maps on-hand...they all go 100% fuel at around 90% throttle.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    There's a 4-pin connector on a fly lead off the main harness which interfaces a nitrous solenoid - that much I do know. What I'm unsure about is how this is activated - via momentary switch, throttle position switch on the throttle body (though there doesn't seem to be a mounting point for one) or some other mechanism.

I'm assuming that with the bottle switch thrown and a throttle setting above a certain percentage, the supply solenoid is turned on and the ECU increases injector dwell time accordingly. I have the ability to examine fuel maps for that system and have several nitrous maps on-hand...they all go 100% fuel at around 90% throttle.
    I don't think he understood the question so I'll throw this one, quoted above, at him.

Meanwhile, episode 6 just dropped and today we started on the next two.

Hanging_Out_At_Docs.jpg