Thread: An Interesting Afternoon

An Interesting Afternoon

So, two interesting things happened after I got home from work today... and they are both political and related.

First, as I walk up to the front porch, there stands the Boss talking to Little Miss Field Day, who immediately asks if I, as a former Boy Sprout, remembers how to start a fire. There at her feet is some burnt red white & blue paper and plastic.

Seems that when the two ladies got home, there was a Pro Trump flyer stuck on the door knob. Complete with a "Trump" American Flag, something about him being a champion of the people and the Second Amendment, how terrible the Democrats were... well, I'm taking LMFD's word for it, I never actually saw it.

She burnt it. And enjoyed it immensely.

A few minutes later, I'm taking some trash down to the trash cans, I see a car (a white Trailblazer with California plates) come speeding up the street. He pulls into the driveway next door, backs out with tires squealing -- that's what caught my attention -- and proceeds down the street.

As he passes me, he shouts something out the open window. Angrily. Couldn't make most of it out, but I did catch the word "cracker." Or something like it. (Well, tough sh!t man, you come racing around my neighborhood, squealing tires, driving like a maniac -- and we have kids around here, including some young boys & a tomboy who is, shall we say, blossoming... damn right I'm going to notice a schmuck like you)

He gets to the bottom of the street, stops at the Stop sign -- in the middle of the street, so no one can pass him -- and puts on his 4 ways. I'm figuring "now what?". A moment later, the schmuck gets out of the car and starts screaming at me again. Much of it incoherent, but I did catch that he is with the NRA, that "they" are doing something for the election, and daring me to call the cops on him. The Boss almost did... meanwhile, I notice that on the homes on the other side of the stop sign, there is another character hanging political pamphlets on doors. Same one.

What did I do? Nothing. Turned around on my heel and went back inside. Clearly this schmuck was looking, begging for a fight; probably had one of the evening news producers on his speed dial.

LMFD was ready to go down to the corner and debate him. But by the time she got out of the house, the door-to-door guy had gotten into the car and they'd left. Probably just as well. (She IS a professional wrestler, so I have no doubts that she could have held her own, but why give these yutzes the attention and martyrdom they so clearly craved?)

Having people canvas the neighborhood? No problem, even if I disagree with said candidate. But this? Who needs this?

But, you know, the orange yutz is actually right. He DOES deserve 4 more years, and then another term. Behind bars.
    Last edited by W3WN; 09-18-2020 at 04:51 AM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Make Donald Drumpf Again.
    “Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

More like the rest of his life in an mental institution, throw key away.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    More like the rest of his life in an mental institution, throw key away.
    In some science fiction movie somewhere, at the end of the movie, the villain was determined to be so insane that the powers that be decided to put his brain on a loop circuit through a machine that made said villain think he was still out there, doing whatever it was he was still doing while free and is left that way until his eventual death simply because the staff and the doctors didn't want to deal with what the man is.
    He is kept strapped down in a hospital bed without a clue.

So today, as I’m taking LucyFurr out for walk, a mini van (with CO plates this time) comes down the street, stops in front of (and blocking) our driveway. Young lady steps out, holding pamphlets, sees us, and tells me that she’s from the NRA...

I stopped her and said “no, thank you”. She said “OK”, got back in the car, and they left. Without making any other stops.

Have we been targeted for, ah, special attention?
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Californucation and Coloredrado coming east into Pennsylvania to start trouble, the Wild West is still wild. You know the NRA, "we do our part" logo, so what's Ted Nugent up to these days? The way here of late we must protect ourselves because the police wait until it's over to show up I'm for the Second Amendment, but there is a line I draw in the sand, keep politics out of it and Agent Orange in particular. By now his make America great again by destroying it agenda is unmistakable, he and his wor shipers should be treated as male children R. A. Heinlein style. "Children, especially male children should be raised in a barrel and fed through the bung hole. At age 18 a solemn decision should be made, whether to let him out or drive in the bung." My decision was made during his 2016 campaign, put him and his supplicants in barrels at birth and on the 8th day according to The New Covenant drive in the bung.

Name:  Doorbell.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  168.5 KB

"Have we been targeted for, ah, special attention?"
    That is easily fixed.
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 09-17-2020 at 09:48 AM.
    "New Jersey, the most American of all states. It has everything from wilderness to the Mafia. All the great things and all the worst, like Route 22."
    Jean Shepherd K2ORS (SK) & WOR radio personality

The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

> remembers how to start a file

so i read this and was wondering "wtf?" and now, having read all the way through, the "file" is clearly "fire" :)
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Quote Originally Posted by n6hcm View Post
    > remembers how to start a file

so i read this and was wondering "wtf?" and now, having read all the way through, the "file" is clearly "fire" :)
    Yeah, this happens a lot when this iPad’s auto-correct kicks in.

I’ll fix that.

BAN THE DH!

Use sledge hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Yeah, this happens a lot when this iPad’s auto-correct kicks in.

I’ll fix that.
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Use sledge hammer.
    Why would I use a Peter Gabriel song, even if it was one of his biggest hits?

BAN THE DH!

It IS a good song.. that's why... ;)