Thread: FD 2020

FD 2020

Don’t know about anyone else, but I will be QRV from home this weekend for Field Day 2020.

I need to work on my 10 and 15 meter WAS, if nothing else.

Club FD was cancelled yesterday, due to severe weather forecasts for this evening and tomorrow. We’d already scaled back, due to the pandemic. That forecast was the last straw.

Pity. I was really looking forward to using W8XK this weekend. Guess we’ll have to wait until October and November, now.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

My camper is in the shop or I'd have been at a FD site with a friend. He stayed close to home, I spent the day riding the Fatboy around MN, IA and WI stopping off at breweries with another friend. Got the sunburn to prove it. Put a pork butt in the smoker this morning, low and slow, and turned on the radio for about 5 minutes. Developed a severe case of the fuckits and turned it all of. Probably spend the day doing yard work.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

I listened but didn't work any. Life gets in the way at times...
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

We had a small member only field day at a board members house.

Not much radio was done. We've not seen each other for months- it was all social. Well 12 feet apart social...
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

We still held the scheduled VE test at the FD site on Saturday. Of course we had a brief rainstorm during the session.

Sadly, only 2 candidates showed. And neither passed. One missed his upgrade to Extra by ONE lousy question (he took it hard).

Did get on the air a little on Saturday and a little on Sunday. Knocked off a few of the needed states for both 10 & 15 M WAS. Still need DE for both, which is going to be a real Beeyitch.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati