Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just $19.00 a month

Just $19.00 a month

Pluck my last heart string last fucking nerve; I hate (strong word) these commercials

BTW: I contribute to The United Way weekly.

Where's the like button?
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    Pluck my last heart string last fucking nerve; I hate (strong word) these commercials

BTW: I contribute to The United Way weekly.
    As most of what the united way receives goes towards executive salaries and corporate expenses I keep my donations going to local charities with Volunteers running the show.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Don’t you just love the ones from the ASPCA and the Humane Society of the US?

F(orget) them. We support the local shelter that rescued Lucy Furr for us.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Yeah, along with:

1-877- kars for kids!
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post

I support my local shelters directly, or I take strays in as they show up and I have the space. Every single pet I've had save two has come to me that way.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

All my critters were rescues. I'd like another one but I'm concerned about that for the short term.

A couple of street cats over the years adopted me, the rest came from local shelters.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    As most of what the united way receives goes towards executive salaries and corporate expenses I keep my donations going to local charities with Volunteers running the show.
    A very long time ago, I worked for a company that claimed to have 100% participation in The United Way, I was new on the job and replied to a co-worker, "I don't know how they can make that claim, I didn't contribute." My co-worker says to me, "You did, you just did not realize that it was coming out of your next pay raise."

I can direct which agency my employer sends my donations to.

The best nationwide "non-profit" agency to contribute to is, The Salvation Army, their administrative take is smallest of them all; the worst is, "Goodwill".

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post

Yeah, this one too, I hope that the Polar Bear "Sans Station" before the ice chunk melts in the Caribbean Sea.

In the arms of an Angel

Don't get me wrong, I have a heart but, just like there is a "V" chip to flag violent content, there should be a flag for heart-tuggers.

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    I support my local shelters directly, or I take strays in as they show up and I have the space. Every single pet I've had save two has come to me that way.
    I support my local shelter every time I place an order on Amazon. All three of my current doggies were either on the way to a shelter or gotten from the local shelter. Our old Lab who passed last year showed up on our doorstep when he was a pup that could be held in one hand. He was 100 lbs when he passed and not overweight.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.