Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just $19.00 a month

We're lucky to be close to the Appalachian Great Pyrenees Rescue Group. They have a wonderful location in the Richmond National Battlefield Park -- Fort Harrison, with several acres for the rescue group and a large kennel for boarding, which funds the rescue group.

My wife worked there until recently, and we both volunteer whenever we can. I do a lot of photography for the organization, especially for their annual fundraiser they call Pyre Fest.

Penny, my avatar, is half Golden Retriever, half Great Pyrenees, and we got her from AGPR. She was in a litter that was rescued in West Virginia.

When I had my whole house emergency generator installed, I donated my 15 KW Generac portable (with a whopping 10 hours running time on it) to this group.

I've always preferred supporting local non-profits.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    A very long time ago, I worked for a company that claimed to have 100% participation in The United Way, I was new on the job and replied to a co-worker, "I don't know how they can make that claim, I didn't contribute." My co-worker says to me, "You did, you just did not realize that it was coming out of your next pay raise."

I can direct which agency my employer sends my donations to.

The best nationwide "non-profit" agency to contribute to is, The Salvation Army, their administrative take is smallest of them all; the worst is, "Goodwill".
    i worked in the IT department of a local hospital for a year: it’s where I met the Boss.

They heavily supported the United Way. We were “encouraged” to donate, but it wasn’t mandatory. Officially.

I declined. Got called into my supervisor’s office to explain myself. Then her boss had a meeting with me. Then HIS boss, a Sr. Veep. I got strong-armed, all but ordered to “donate” the minimum of $1 per pay. Seems I was the sole holdout from keeping the IT group from being 100%.

i didn’t cave in.

i also got poor performance reviews from that point on. Seems I wasn’t a “team player” by refusing to be blackmailed.

When I was fired, this was also one of the reasons stated.
    Last edited by W3WN; 06-26-2020 at 10:18 PM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

That's what I do. I support local (not necessarily to my current location) rescues. Donations have a larger impact.