Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    < snip >
    Going forward one must first look backward observing the history of unions in this country. They fought a hard uphill and bloody battle for workers rights, but somewhere along the line put self interest above that of the workers they represent.
    < snip >
    In many cases, it was the weasels, the thieves, and the generally corrupt who got control of the unions. These are the ones who ran their unions into the ground, or for their own benefit (to say nothing of the benefit of others -- as in organized crime) to the detriment of the union membership.

So long as the corrupt continue to dominate the leadership of a union, that union will not operate to the long-term benefit of their members.
    Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people dont care, the other 10% are glad it happened. Clint Hurdle

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Make Donald Drumpf Again

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Master Navigator
    There are many reasons that the traditional labor union just isn't the answer today. But collective bargaining is the only way workers of all kinds will ever regain the kinds of pay and benefits they enjoyed prior to the 1970s. In 1971, shortly before Nixon appointed him to the Supreme Court Lewis Powell wrote a memorandum which has become the blueprint of all conservative actions since, including the culmination in our current government. https://reclaimdemocracy.org/powell_memo_lewis/ The Powell Memorandum led to the creation of the Heritage Foundation, Cato Institute, and other right leaning think tanks.

Soooo, this probably goes here.

I know you're trying to make a good point, and I truly appreciate that but, the country has been divided on race since FOREVER and it has never, ever been resolved.
    There are a lot of people to blame and I won't discuss that here but, sometimes a compromise position can ease tensions and further dissolve everyone's need, want or just plain reactionary positions on minor differences between people.
    And yes, race, gender and sexual orientation are really minor differences that have been blown up to keep us all divided. Sometimes the extra attention needs to be given to marginalized groups so that everyone can see that we are no different from each other, that they are hurting no one and that we truly are all seeking the same things:
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Unless you're a nazi.

Why do the people promoting a master race always look like theyre made of spare parts from a salvage yard?

The woman trying to take his nazi flag has been demonized by the locals and it is said she got what she deserved because it is his right to fly a nazi flag. People who say this are the nazi simps in my opinion.

https://www.wistv.com/2020/06/30/she...-his-nazi-flag
    Last edited by KG4CGC; 06-30-2020 at 03:50 PM.

And the Nazi gets preferential treatment. FFS

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

1. Much as I hate to say it, yes, unfortunately, the schmuck has the right to fly a Nazi flag. Well, at least what he is and what he admires and stands for is out in the open.

2. The woman who was shot, likewise, has no riot steal the flag. Obnoxious and repulsive as that flag and what it represents is.

3. Despite these prior two points, this schmuck has no right to shoot her over what is effectively petty theft. Especially after she dropped the flag and attempted to flee, empty handed and unarmed.

i hope he is charged with attempted murder and is sent away for a very long time.
    Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people dont care, the other 10% are glad it happened. Clint Hurdle

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Make Donald Drumpf Again

After doing a bit of research my suspicion was realized, he isn't/wasn't the only one to fly a Nazi flag. There are quite a few flapping in the breeze around the country, and so far two that I have discovered here in Nazi Jersey. BTW that name is nothing new, it's been that way post Christine Todd Whitman, 50th Governor of New Jersey, from 1994 to 2001, the last with a budget surplus. So why is this one in the news when others received little to no notice? A shooting was what drew the attention of the media.
    "i hope he is charged with attempted murder and is sent away for a very long time."
    That's debatable, Oklahoma has a Castle Doctrine, this one is lawyer fuel.

As far as race relations go, we should really stop trying to understand each other, that's an impossible dream. I can't forget the South Park episode that had it as the theme, Butters' conversations with Token kept ending with Token saying "You don't get it." and walking away leaving Butters puzzled. Finally Butters says "I can't understand Blacks because I'm not Black." and Token says "You finally got it.". That leaves us with the focus on mutual respect and tolerance where we should have been headed all along. It's not easy when some things rub our fur the wrong way, but just don't make a big deal of it, just leave it be, illegal acts excepted of course.
    "New Jersey, the most American of all states. It has everything from wilderness to the Mafia. All the great things and all the worst, like Route 22."
    Jean Shepherd K2ORS (SK) & WOR radio personality

The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    < snip >
    "i hope he is charged with attempted murder and is sent away for a very long time."
    That's debatable, Oklahoma has a Castle Doctrine, this one is lawyer fuel.
    < snip >
    Was the woman threatening him with a firearm? Not that I know of.

Does Castle Doctrine (in OK at least) mean that he can shoot someone for stealing a flag? Maybe. But once she drops the flag and continues to flee? I have trouble believing it... and some lawyers will get rich arguing the point.

BAN THE DH!

Make Donald Drumpf Again

The problem with leaving it be, is that certain political and media factions want it to continue.
    Which infects the deplorables, as they get their fountain of hate. Vampires, all of 'em.

I call it out, when possible.
    So no, I'm not ignoring it.
    Don't want to get shot.
    Most of the time we are punished if we go against the trend. Only at an inflection point are we rewarded. ~ George Soros

Newt Gingrich, June 24th, 1978:
    One of the great problems we have in the Republican Party is that we dont encourage you to be nasty, he told the group. We encourage you to be neat, obedient, and loyal, and faithful, and all those Boy Scout words, which would be great around the campfire but are lousy in politics.
    Newt Gingrich, July 1st, 2010:
    "The bible is too liberal. It needs to be censored."
    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...elcome/570832/
    Last edited by KG4CGC; 07-01-2020 at 01:18 PM. Reason: linkus a dinkus

Master Navigator
    Another idea from my guru Hasan Minhaj, is that ranked preference voting would encourage the rise of third parties, which I think would be a boon to mankind.

In ranked preference voting, you rank the candidates according to your preference. Going back to 2016, my preferences might have been 1. Green Party 2. Hillary, and maybe no third party at all. If #1 wins a majority outright, they win. If not, they add up all the votes for each candidate, and the top two meet in a runoff. I really like the idea, because I tend to vote for the Independence Party here, because they have the best candidates. As it is, voting that way sometimes siphons off just enough votes to hand the election to someone who would never be on my list. Ranked preference would not penalize me for voting my preference, because my third party vote would not detract from votes for my #2.

I bet if we had that, you'd see other parties winning seats all over the country.

I think we somehow need to break the hammerlock that the GOP has on Evangelicals. I think a big part of the problem is preachers playing politics. Jesus never said a word about homosexuals, though in his one admonition that marriage should be between a man and a woman, he did make an exception for eunuchs and those born that way.
    Last edited by K0RGR; 07-02-2020 at 12:03 PM.