Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pox on the creator of Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    i accept donations. Just sayin’...

Does the card manufacturer make a Win X driver available? If so, did you download and try it?
    GeForce 6600 is considered a legacy product, not compatible with Windows so, generic drivers make it work but does not unlock all of the features.

Rent a U-haul and let me know when you will be arriving.

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    Yup, it's time to move on............
    ........To another cup of Coffee.

In the immortal words of Scarlet O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day."

I pulled and re-installed the auxiliary sound card; at no time did my hands leave my body but, PRESTO -- inputs and outputs ported in correct directions and now, FT-8 is being decoded -- "FM"! (Fuggin' Magic!)

The issue with the Video card is still there but, I really don't NEED two screens to work radio, the second was parked on QRZ so that I could look up the name behind the call and insert it in my RRR-73's message.

Never say "Die" until there is no more Coffee to mull my problems over.

That's good. Got my old dual Core AMD with an AGP GeForce 6200 running with Bodhi Linux.
    About a week ago. Still needs tweaking and a few more apps, but it's good.
    Using the Brave Browser.

Sooooo, this pox is the fault of Bill Gates or Obama?

Or both? Asking for a friend.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Run Windows 7 on a Virtual Machine. Or run Linux on a virtual machine.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

My main OS is W7 Ultimate because I like it, I used W10 on another machine for a time, don't like it. I have XP on the Virtual Box to run some legacy Amateur Radio apps that served well. I'm not one to keep up with the Kardashians, I stay with what works well for me until the bitter end. That's me, but there are two ways to mix and match systems, main / virtual and dual boot, you can do so much with so little.

I ran my NVIDIA GeForce GT610 video card into the ground, the fan died, so I replaced it with the 710 fanless card, bye bye weak link. I don't know why the drivers refused to install, no matter, it works just fine with the 610 drivers. Both support a dual monitor system, I had one I found extremely useful before I landed in these cramped quarters. The main monitor runs off the DVI port, the auxiliary off the VGA port, and in the middle is an HDMI port for connection to your TV with a screen as big as Texas.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

My DVR (Pentium 4 in living room) is running Win7, my laptop with my terminal programs and Putty is running Vista; the Win-10 machine (Duo-Core) with my LoTW / Radio life; I have a 2012 15 inch MBP running Ubuntu 14.05 and decoding Trunked Radio Scanner traffic, My DVR Client (Quad -core) machine which delivers TV and content to my bedroom is Win-10.

My traveling computers are either a 2015 MBP or a Touch screen Dell (Quad-Core) running Win-10.