Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a Piece of Work this Guy is...

Quote Originally Posted by K0RGR View Post
    I'm sure you've been happier about previous dinners. We had a scare here a couple weeks ago. My wife thought her whole department had been exposed, two patients had all the symptoms and had possibly been exposed. But, they turned up negative eventually.
    At the time I was happy about it.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Master Navigator
    I've been binging a series on Netflix - 'Dirty Money', which focuses on some major ripoffs around the country. The last one I watched last night was about a Big Pharma company, Valeant, that got to be that way by buying up 110 smaller pharmaceutical companies, including Bausch and Lomb. Then, they eliminated all the R+D at these 110 companies, and drastically increased their revenues by drastically increasing the prices of their products. Some pills went from $1 a pill to thousands of dollars per pill. Fortunately, Valeant was found to be in violation of a great many laws, because they had defrauded the insurance companies with a series of fake pharmacies that were selling their products at inflated prices. Their stock is hovering near zero now.

Now, today, I read a story detailing our country's efforts to prepare for the next pandemic back in the early Obama years and slightly before by funding the development of an inexpensive, easy to use ventilator that could be built in large numbers. The government ordered 10,000 of these from a small ventilator company. The device was developed and prototypes were sent for approval. Meanwhile, a huge medical equipment company did what Valeant did with drugs, and bought the small company. They then cancelled the contract. The inexpensive portable vent would interfere with their rather pricey one.

Capitalism and healthcare don't work together well at all.

So Republicans are now the party of “your kids must die for our guns” and “your parents must die for our money.”

Quote Originally Posted by K0RGR View Post
    I've been binging a series on Netflix - 'Dirty Money', which focuses on some major ripoffs around the country. The last one I watched last night was about a Big Pharma company, Valeant, that got to be that way by buying up 110 smaller pharmaceutical companies, including Bausch and Lomb. Then, they eliminated all the R+D at these 110 companies, and drastically increased their revenues by drastically increasing the prices of their products. Some pills went from $1 a pill to thousands of dollars per pill. Fortunately, Valeant was found to be in violation of a great many laws, because they had defrauded the insurance companies with a series of fake pharmacies that were selling their products at inflated prices. Their stock is hovering near zero now.

Now, today, I read a story detailing our country's efforts to prepare for the next pandemic back in the early Obama years and slightly before by funding the development of an inexpensive, easy to use ventilator that could be built in large numbers. The government ordered 10,000 of these from a small ventilator company. The device was developed and prototypes were sent for approval. Meanwhile, a huge medical equipment company did what Valeant did with drugs, and bought the small company. They then cancelled the contract. The inexpensive portable vent would interfere with their rather pricey one.

Capitalism and healthcare don't work together well at all.
    I'm taking this and running with it.

^^ X-100.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What do you mean full of shit? He IS shit!
    "New Jersey, the most American of all states. It has everything from wilderness to the Mafia. All the great things and all the worst, like Route 22."
    Jean Shepherd K2ORS (SK) & WOR radio personality

We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.
    John Lennon

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Good point and obviously some don't like the smell.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This room cost 2,000 dollars a month
    You can believe it man it's true
    Somewhere a landlord's laughing till he wets his pants
    No one here dreams of being a doctor or a lawyer or anything
    They dream of dealing on the dirty boulevard

Give me your hungry, your tired your poor I'll piss on 'em
    That's what the Statue of Bigotry says
    Your poor huddled masses, let's club 'em to death
    And get it over with and just dump 'em on the boulevard

From The Dirty Boulevard, track 3 on Lou Reed's album New York 1989
    "New Jersey, the most American of all states. It has everything from wilderness to the Mafia. All the great things and all the worst, like Route 22."
    Jean Shepherd K2ORS (SK) & WOR radio personality

We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.
    John Lennon

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Let's really ramp up the drug war. You know, because coronavirus!
    Hey! I don't like the way Iran is looking at us. Coronavirus!
    Last edited by KG4CGC; 04-02-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Master Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I'm taking this and running with it.
    Wait until you get to the last episode. It's all about Trump. His whole life is fake! It's all fake! The interviews with the producers of 'the Apprentice' were very enlightening. Next time he says 'fake news' say 'fake president'!