Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Un-Be-lievable

Un-Be-lievable

For whom, do you have the most empathy? Is it the one with the full cart or, the individual demanding just one?

Second Edit: If I were the person confronting the hoarder, I would have taken every package out of their cart and thrown them to the winds, I would have let the whole store fight over them.

Excuse the xenophobe in me but, did you hear an accent in that din?
    Last edited by koØm; 03-21-2020 at 01:28 PM.

Friend in Portland OR says that one woman was shopping out of other people's carts.
    I'm starting to wonder though, if there is a secret toilet paper fetish in America that no one is talking about. I don't mean a need to hoard the stuff. I mean doing something that most of us would consider weird.

What is it with toilet paper anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by N1LAF View Post
    What is it with toilet paper anyways?
    When one person coughs, 100 assholes shit their pants.

Society is changing and, not immediately in a positive way. I work Loss Prevention for a Marketplace type store, for the last week, the Police don't even bother taking Shoplifters to the county lockup; too crowed, and the high cost to house them so, they get released and "Trespassed" from the store, subject to arrest if caught on site again.

The Prepper's are in the store buying everything shelf stable or in a can.

BTW, there is also a run ammunition at our store and weapons are selling out at the store down the pike.
    Last edited by koØm; 03-20-2020 at 12:28 AM.

just did the weekly shopping here, shops were full, after the first week of panic buying, shelves were full.
    Buying fresh food and cooking here myself, no need for tins or pots.
    Helps to have my own little plot of veggies.
    I already had a small extra supply here of stuff, that would keep me supplied for 2 or 3 weeks.
    Just replacing suff we use, no hoarding T.P or other stuff.
    Last edited by PA5COR; 03-20-2020 at 04:45 AM.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Somewhere along the lines, someone started a rumor that this strain of virus causes explosive diarrhea - and the brain-dead sheep went right along over the cliff without verifying the evidence.

I always keep several weeks worth of paper goods and cleaners on-hand, mainly because I buy in bulk and don't feel like running to the store every week. This whole fiasco is simply business as usual for some of us.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

If there are no suitable masks available, then these people can wrap their heads in toilet paper, same effect!

The term shithead now has real meaning.
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Somewhere along the lines, someone started a rumor that this strain of virus causes explosive diarrhea - and the brain-dead sheep went right along over the cliff without verifying the evidence.

I always keep several weeks worth of paper goods and cleaners on-hand, mainly because I buy in bulk and don't feel like running to the store every week. This whole fiasco is simply business as usual for some of us.
    I do the same as I live in the "sticks"
    "Don't put it on the plate if you can't eat it!"

Cool I Am Just So "OVER" This Shyte

Mind you, I have degrees and over 40 years experience managing the flow of electrons from "DC to Daylight" and, the work that they do. I now spend a few hours a week in a "Marketplace Store". This has been the more fucked up time in my work history. Compared to the other retail outlets, this one has the lowest pay range.

I may appear to be rambling but, that is what happens to you get your ass kicked by ungrateful, panic-stricken cretins and, the hoarding assholes who overrun your position like it was the second battle of "Pork Chop Hill."

Yesterday, they pulled what was left of the Ammo off the shelves and, temporarily changed store hours from 24-7 to 8:00 am to 10:00 pm; will receive extra $2.00 per hour "Hazardous Duty" pay for next 6 weeks.The earn-able "Perk" of wearing Blue Jeans has been extended to any workday.

Well, the "Horse is out of the barn"; I don't think that I will be going back to work in Khaki colored pants or working for the two buck less an hour that was legion before the Corona Crisis.

...to be continued...

I am 'Uniformed Store Security' (not to be confused with "plain clothed Market detectives") and, I work with a number of "Low Achieving" directionless individuals who are supervised by other "Less-than-directionless" people.

I am going to highlight just a couple of incidents that have recently occurred. This one pointy headed co-worker who, bears a strong resemblance to a Weasel was working the opposite security point as I and, there was only one partial bag of Purell Sanitation Wipes left in the whole facility. Do you know what that Weasel did?

(Rhetorical Question) DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT WEASEL DID? When it was time to switch security post, he takes the bags of cleaning wipes from one side of the store to the other side of the store with him; What an ass!

Three days ago, hourly employees at this retail outlet did not have paid sick leave; two days ago, paid sick leave (if it was Corona caused or, you were in the High Risk group) was installed in order to keep down the transmission of illnesses from one employee to another.

How come (Rhetorical Question) suddenly, one day ago, the slackers are all (according to their medical notes) in the high risk category and have been advised to stay at home (with pay)?

Welcome to 2020!
    Last edited by koØm; 03-21-2020 at 02:30 PM.

WM hours here shortened to 7am to 8:30pm.
    All other stores closing early 2 hours if they're open.
    Gas stations and grocery stores remain open.
    Some restaurants opened outdoor dining but that was immediately shutdown so they made that the pick up point for take-out orders.
    The cigar lounge closed last Thursday but kept the retail section open.
    Gas is cheap but who's going anywhere.