As I was about to take the board off of the heatsink I discovered something that was hiding from me.

Corrosion.

It would seem that in this amp's past there was some water damage that fried the preamp and froze the smaller relay. After replacing the the old resistors with new half watt versions I began shooting Deoxit and doing some gentle scraping. Guess what?

It's working and it sounds really good!

Yes. I did remove the cover of the small relay and shoot it full of Deoxit. That's an exaggeration but it is clean now however, it does not do anything. No noise is heard and no action is resulting when I flip the switch to the preamp. That's OK though. We didn't need that added noisy buggar anyway.
Removing the cover to the large relay proved to be a bit more difficult. I bro0ke one of the tabs that holds it in place. That's OK. The entire unit will stay covered with its case so I think the sloppy fit of the relay cover won't be that big a deal.

Let me say that I appreciate most everyone's input in this thread regarding this topic. You are a group of people that I hold in high regard and may the deity(s) or whatever, of your choice bestow upon each of you special dispensations. OK, just looked that up. Forget what it says on the internet. I mean some type useful or otherwise desirable blessings from or through the æther. Health and Wealth together are usually very much appreciated so, Health and Wealth to each of you!